Mowing Kubota 2350 Mower Cutting Height

/ Kubota 2350 Mower Cutting Height #1  

LCA123

The BX 2350 brochure indicates the clearance for mid mount mowers when in the "TOP" position is 6 inches. The other height adjustments are 1 to 4 inches. I would like to mow my pastures at least 6 inches utilizing the TOP position.
However, Kubota customer support emailed me this.

"The "TOP" position is for the mowerdeck to be carried by mechanical linkage and you can still raise and lower the 3 point hitch. This is not a mowing height position. If used for mowing. Damage may occur to the mower driveline or deck."

I know someone who mows using the TOP position and my dealer said though not suggested by Kubota, many folks do it without an issue. Any suggestions, thoughts opinions or experience with the mowers?

/ Kubota 2350 Mower Cutting Height #2  
With the high price of fuel, I also have an area that I would like to mow at more than 4". I suspect customer support feels there may be some clearance issues with the drive shaft going to the gearbox, or the universal joints may not handle the angle. What about 5", would that work? I know theres no setting on the cam for that, so would the hydraulics hold it there without any damage? The ultimate goal is to go from mowing once a week to once every other week. Anybody got any suggestions?

/ Kubota 2350 Mower Cutting Height #3  
I also mow some in the top position setting. Would like to see more comments on this. After looking at the drive shaft just now it looks as if there would be less stress on it in the higher positions. Can't find anything in my books about that.

/ Kubota 2350 Mower Cutting Height
THanks for the input.

/ Kubota 2350 Mower Cutting Height #5  
I'd have to look when I'm at home, but it seems to me that in the Top position, the shaft is almost straight across. I just had to weld mine up because it had broken off the frame (previous owner).

That probably isn't the issue however. If the mower were to bounce, it might bounce up too high and catch the top against something on the bottom of the tractor? I don't think the shaft would hit the edge of the deck, but that is also a possibility. Otherwise, I don't understand the problem. There's less bend in the knuckles there than any other position.