B3030 loader connection problem

/ B3030 loader connection problem #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
Why am I having so much problem connecting the hydraulic lines for the loader? I did it in the fall as a test.

- Move control valve in all direction with unit off to reduce pressure

- Pull back locking collar on hoses

- Push on hoses until bearing are in groove and locked

I can't seem to push them on far enough, as hard as I could push.

What am I doing wrong? Maybe I am just getting old and weak.

/ B3030 loader connection problem #2  
Is tractor off?

How long since you disconnected the loader? - changes in temp (especially hotter) will cause pressure buildup in the loader lines. Simple solution is to cover the connection with a rag & give the "nub" a couple taps with a hammer to relieve the pressure.

Temp difference can be huge if you park it in the sun for the day.

/ B3030 loader connection problem #3  
The advice above is what I'd be doing to relieve the pressure which is your problem. You should cover your eyes and as much skin as you can so the hydraulic oil won't bother you.

/ B3030 loader connection problem #4  
I had the exact same problem when I went to put the loader on my B3030 a couple of weeks ago. I had to take a large punch and a hammer and smack the pin in the center of the female coupler to relieve the pressure. A rag over the coupler is good advice. I found out the hard way about that on the first hose. I had taken the loader off when it was still cold. The increase in temperature from the time I took it off to when I put it back on was the only reason I could think of that would have made the difference. I have taken the loader on and off dozens of times since I have owned it and have never experienced a problem before. Good luck.

/ B3030 loader connection problem
I stopped by the dealer and he gave me the same advice, so thanks guys. I no I am getting older and weaker, but not that weak yet.

/ B3030 loader connection problem
The punch did work, but one hose in particular was a ***** and I damaged what looked like a teflon gasket in the female receiver. I didn't damage the rubber O ring however. In any event, it didn't appear to be leaking.

Wouldn't you know we are likely to get some snow on Sunday through Tuesday, but hopefully it won't amount to much. If so, I will do any clean up with the FEL

/ B3030 loader connection problem #7  
I had the same problem on my L4400.

Use the male end of a ratchet extension. It is broad and blunt and won't damage anything in the connector. You probably won't even need a hammer, just point the female connector away from you and give it a firm tap.

/ B3030 loader connection problem #8  
I've found tht the male connector is normally enough to get the pressure relieved.

/ B3030 loader connection problem #9  
art said:
I've found tht the male connector is normally enough to get the pressure relieved.

I think the whole problem being discussed is when the male connector isn't enough to get the pressure relieved.

/ B3030 loader connection problem #10  
The problem is on the loader side of the connection. That is the female side. Any pressure buildup on the tractor side can be relieved by moving the joystick to the float position.