Howard Rotovator Tiller

/ Howard Rotovator Tiller #1  

M. Sullivan

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710 w/ 402 Loader and 72" belly mower.
Just purchased one, guess about 15 years old. It's rather small, about 30" and mounts offset to one side. Wondering where I might find a manual for it, and if parts are likely available. Any help appreciated.

Also, any issues/concerns with the offset mounting (and hence side loading) of the drive??

/ Howard Rotovator Tiller #3  
Picked one up some 6 years ago. Great old unit. Got all bearings, seals and chains thru napa with standard numbers. The model number was missing on mine too but it is more like 5' and off set. Great for running down the fence lines. One more item, SPEED. This has the rotation with direction of travel and very high speed. The ground is so fluffed up when done it is hard to walk thru. Very strong and well built. Search here if you have the slip clutch cause that is another story.

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

/ Howard Rotovator Tiller #4  
Hello. came across your post looking for seals for the rotovater. Do you happen to remember the napa numbers for the seals?

Thanks
John

/ Howard Rotovator Tiller #5  
Hawgee hasn't logged on since 2001 so I would be surprised if you get an answer from him. Did you talk to your Napa dealer? They might have a book that list what you are looking for. I know I was able to get a locking fuel cap for a Ford 1920 as the tractor was listed in one of their books. Was only about $6-$10 too if I recall (it was last year). Howard is a great brand and most of the vineyard owners have at least one of them around here.

/ Howard Rotovator Tiller #6  
I have a heavy duty Howard Rotavator series HA 70 in. I have found parts to be expensive and hard to fine. You most likely have the Model HR6 Rotavator. The power range is 10 to 25 HP. Tillage widths in inches: 34, 40, or 50. The last time I contacted Howard USA was in October 2003. You can try the address I used. It is for Steve Mundy. (howardusa@owc.net) He should be able to give you the distributor for your area. I also have a address for Howard. (Howard, 693 Dane Street, Woodstock, Illinois 60098. The distributor I use is Gaston Sealey Co, Fairmont, NC

/ Howard Rotovator Tiller #9  
solarisfinley said:
Hello. came across your post looking for seals for the rotovater. Do you happen to remember the napa numbers for the seals?

Thanks
John

Hello John sent you a PM regarding Howard USA

Wayne