How much 3PH leakdown is too much?

/ How much 3PH leakdown is too much? #1  

seapea

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubtoa B2620
When my 600lb tiller is mounted on my B2620 and the 3PH is raised, it drops about 1" every 5 minutes. Also, I've noticed when nothing is mounted, the 3PH arms eventually end up down to the ground, but I'm not certain how long this takes. Is this expected? The tractor only has 20 hours. Does it take a while for the seals to break-in and start functioning better.

/ How much 3PH leakdown is too much? #2  
I think that is pretty normal. When I got it my 30 year old b7100 leaked down so fast you had to constantly bump the handle so I replaced the o-ring ;) If your implements drop really fast when you hit the down position you may be able to adjust the implement lowering speed which may help with the drooping a bit but it is normal for hydraulics to leak down.

/ How much 3PH leakdown is too much? #3  
Thats alot of leak down for sure. I have always been amazed at how my fords wouldn't leak done. definitely not like that. Hopefully some one will speak of the linkage that is attached to it, perhaps its not adjusted right a few other posts dealt with a jerking action that was traced to this linkage. I hope this is the case. and with the arms 'empty' i have never had mine drop at all knock on wood.
look forward to what people come up with. and good luck..so few hours for that to be a problem.

/ How much 3PH leakdown is too much? #4  
It all depends on if the tractor is running or not. My 3pt leaks down quickly with an implement attached and the tractor off. It does not leak down at all when running.

/ How much 3PH leakdown is too much?
N80 said:
It all depends on if the tractor is running or not. My 3pt leaks down quickly with an implement attached and the tractor off. It does not leak down at all when running.

I had the tiller attached and the tractor running when I measured 1" every 5 minutes. I now have the tiller off and am testing with the tractor not running.

One thing I justed noticed is that if the tractor is off and you leave the 3PH lever in either the up or down position, you can see the 3PH arms slowly drop, but they stopped when the lever is moved to the neutral position. I'll report back if they slowly drop over time.

charlz said:
If your implements drop really fast when you hit the down position you may be able to adjust the implement lowering speed which may help with the drooping a bit but it is normal for hydraulics to leak down.
The b2620 has the 1/4 inching valve, so it normally drops or raises very slowly unless you also puch the 3PH lever towards the outside so you are not using the 1/4 inching valve. It also has a separate adjustment to control the max rate the 3PH will drop. However, all ths is unrelated to my leakdown problem.

With nothing attached and the engine off, the lift arms drop about 1/4" an hour.

/ How much 3PH leakdown is too much? #8  
gosh I so want some others to chime in on this. I was watching mine today, and I don't think I could live with that much leak down.
Hopefully some others will tell what they experience.
Al

Today I measured the leak down with my landscape rake attached, which is half the weight of the tiller, but with more of the weight further from the 3PH. It dropped about an 1" every 10 or 15 minutes. This was also with the tractor running.