sneak preview

/ sneak preview #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
Had to take my cab im building out for trials,to see how it felt,before i started the finish work.It was very stable.The back panel and window are one unit and will be removed in the summer.The suicide doors are able to have the pins removed also.Getting a rear blower ,for next winter.next on the list fiberglassing,acetone ,mask and tape ,prime,paint,LEXAN and GLASS ,wiper Motor,heater,fan ....good golly i got alot to do!!!
ALAN

Attachments

• 100_0377 (676 x 507).jpg
    100_0377 (676 x 507).jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 320
  • 100_0385 (600 x 450).jpg
    100_0385 (600 x 450).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 100_0386 (676 x 507).jpg
    100_0386 (676 x 507).jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 269
   / sneak preview #3  
escavader said:
... Had to take my cab im building out for trials....before i started the finish work...

Alan, that's great work! I looks as though your design even allows for the ROPS to be folded, so that the unit may be parked in a regular car garage.

/ sneak preview #4  
Looks good:)

What guage sheet metal did you use?

Also could you have used 1/4 turn fastners for the back side for easier removal than use of bolts.

/ sneak preview
boogerman2000 said:
Pretty cool! How are you gonna use the BH?
Its got 8 or 10 1/2 bolts to take out,and the whole back panel comes out.Ill only have it in when the blower is on the tractor.Ihad it on the travtor today just to see how the added weight felt.Ithink it makes the tractor more stable.
ALAN

/ sneak preview
lp333 said:
Alan, that's great work! I looks as though your design even allows for the ROPS to be folded, so that the unit may be parked in a regular car garage.
YES,It
folds down so i can get it in.It was a challenge building a cab around the rops,Ithink some of the factory ones require removal of the rops.Ill stay nice and dry on a rainy day on the hoe now too!!

/ sneak preview
wushaw said:
Looks good:)

What guage sheet metal did you use?.065 gauge ,iUSED LESS THAN 2 SHEETS
Iused about 50 feet of 3/4by 3/4 by 1/8 tubing
i used about 150 feet of 1by 1 angle
4 FEET of 2by 2 tubing

Also could you have used 1/4 turn fastners for the back side for easier removal than use of bolts.
Ithought of that,but with the bolts,i can squeeze the gasket real good,for a good seal

The cab will lift off the tractor with 6 bolts!!This is case of any major repairs needed
All the wiring circuits are run in the tubing[heater,fan ,wiper,12 volt outlet,front lights,rear lights,revolving light for on top of rops]They are all controled by an individual fuse,located in the battery compartment.Ihave a row of toggles neatly overhead,with a wiring chase,to access them,i have yet to build the cover.

/ sneak preview #9  
escavader said:
YES, it folds down so i can get it in. It was a challenge building a cab around the rops...

Let's hope that Kubota will learn something from your design.