Tractor
    bx-23 ,

Default sneak preview

Had to take my cab im building out for trials,to see how it felt,before i started the finish work.It was very stable.The back panel and window are one unit and will be removed in the summer.The suicide doors are able to have the pins removed also.Getting a rear blower ,for next winter.next on the list fiberglassing,acetone ,mask and tape ,prime,paint,LEXAN and GLASS ,wiper Motor,heater,fan ....good golly i got alot to do!!!
    ALAN
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -100_0377-676-x-507-jpg   -100_0385-600-x-450-jpg   -100_0386-676-x-507-jpg  
    KUBOTA BX-23,Block heater, AG TIRES[rears filled],MECHANICAL THUMB,SALSCO CHIPPER,WOODS LRC60 LANDSCAPE RAKE WITH GAUGE WHEELS,,HOMEMADE BUCKET FORKS,QUICK HITCH FOR 3 POINT HITCH,HOMEMADE FRONT BUCKET MOUNTED QUICK HITCH[for 3 point implements], FARM FORCE 6 FT 3 POINT BLADE,MARKHAM TOOTHBAR,HOMEMADE TRAILER HITCH FOR BACKHOE, HOMEMADE HEATED STEEL AND FIBERGLASS CAB,54 INCH PRONOVOST PUMA 3 POINT SNOW BLOWER,WITH HYDRAULIC CHUTE CONTROL,REAR TIRE CHAINS,UPGRADED 40 AMP ALTERNATOR,4-55W LIGHTS

Tractor
    Kubota L3540HST, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default Re: sneak preview

Pretty cool! How are you gonna use the BH?
    L3540HST Skid Steer QA FEL, Woods 80 BHX, Toothbar, 7' Rake, 5ft woods rotary cutter, Cub Cadet GT1554, Roller, Core Aerator, Suzuki King Quad 700, Polaris Hawkeye 300, 6" Jinma wood Chipper.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Currently own a BX25

Quote Originally Posted by escavader
    ... Had to take my cab im building out for trials....before i started the finish work...
    Alan, that's great work! I looks as though your design even allows for the ROPS to be folded, so that the unit may be parked in a regular car garage.
    Currently own a BX25 - Once had a BX24... a BX23... a BX22... and a B7100HSD... All great workhorses!

Tractor
    Kubota L2800, 15 hp 372 Mitsubishi

Looks good

What guage sheet metal did you use?

Also could you have used 1/4 turn fastners for the back side for easier removal than use of bolts.

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615HST

Quote Originally Posted by boogerman2000
    Notice the secret passage way.
    I thank God for these gifts: 2005 Mahindra 2615 HST w/loader, (485 hours), and 3710 backhoe. Markham tooth bar, Bush Hog SQ60 rotary cutter, Bush Hog 3507 angle blade, Bush Hog LLR84 landscape rake w/gauge wheels, Rankin loader mounted forks, Paumco Quick Spade, Agri-Ease 3 point log splitter.

Tractor
    bx-23 ,

Quote Originally Posted by boogerman2000
    Its got 8 or 10 1/2 bolts to take out,and the whole back panel comes out.Ill only have it in when the blower is on the tractor.Ihad it on the travtor today just to see how the added weight felt.Ithink it makes the tractor more stable.
    ALAN
    KUBOTA BX-23,Block heater, AG TIRES[rears filled],MECHANICAL THUMB,SALSCO CHIPPER,WOODS LRC60 LANDSCAPE RAKE WITH GAUGE WHEELS,,HOMEMADE BUCKET FORKS,QUICK HITCH FOR 3 POINT HITCH,HOMEMADE FRONT BUCKET MOUNTED QUICK HITCH[for 3 point implements], FARM FORCE 6 FT 3 POINT BLADE,MARKHAM TOOTHBAR,HOMEMADE TRAILER HITCH FOR BACKHOE, HOMEMADE HEATED STEEL AND FIBERGLASS CAB,54 INCH PRONOVOST PUMA 3 POINT SNOW BLOWER,WITH HYDRAULIC CHUTE CONTROL,REAR TIRE CHAINS,UPGRADED 40 AMP ALTERNATOR,4-55W LIGHTS

Tractor
    bx-23 ,

Quote Originally Posted by lp333
    Alan, that's great work! I looks as though your design even allows for the ROPS to be folded, so that the unit may be parked in a regular car garage.
    YES,It
    folds down so i can get it in.It was a challenge building a cab around the rops,Ithink some of the factory ones require removal of the rops.Ill stay nice and dry on a rainy day on the hoe now too!!

Tractor
    bx-23 ,

Quote Originally Posted by wushaw
    Looks good

What guage sheet metal did you use?.065 gauge ,iUSED LESS THAN 2 SHEETS
    Iused about 50 feet of 3/4by 3/4 by 1/8 tubing
    i used about 150 feet of 1by 1 angle
    4 FEET of 2by 2 tubing

Also could you have used 1/4 turn fastners for the back side for easier removal than use of bolts.
    Ithought of that,but with the bolts,i can squeeze the gasket real good,for a good seal

The cab will lift off the tractor with 6 bolts!!This is case of any major repairs needed
    All the wiring circuits are run in the tubing[heater,fan ,wiper,12 volt outlet,front lights,rear lights,revolving light for on top of rops]They are all controled by an individual fuse,located in the battery compartment.Ihave a row of toggles neatly overhead,with a wiring chase,to access them,i have yet to build the cover.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Currently own a BX25

Quote Originally Posted by escavader
    YES, it folds down so i can get it in. It was a challenge building a cab around the rops...
    Let's hope that kubota will learn something from your design.
    Currently own a BX25 - Once had a BX24... a BX23... a BX22... and a B7100HSD... All great workhorses!