tire pressure

/ tire pressure #1  

Chuck_Cealka

Tractor
1966 IH 504
When doing the "pre-flight" check I found a disparity between what the dealer put in my tires and what the manual says. I have a 3010, R4-s, fel. The rears had 14lbs. and 6lbs., the fronts 33 lbs. and 35lbs. The manual calls for 20lbs all around, but "max" pressure with fel. I've logged just 5 hours so how about some advice? Also, engine oil recommendations? Hydraulic oil too. Weights and brands would be helpful. And, finally(for now!) the throttle lever is very stiff in operation, normal for this machine?

/ tire pressure #2  
do u mean the dealer deliverd your tractor with 14 in one rear and 6 in the other?i would suggest you make sure u have a good gauge and set the pressure to the manuel or close to it,it is important to have the same pressure in both left and right tires. also on the sticking throttle linkage, i had the same problem with my b2400, just kept spraying it with wd 40 and using it and it finally lossened up, also i think some of the tractors have a grease fitting on them , i might be wrong on that.

/ tire pressure #3  
Good greif, don't get me started on dealers /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif !
The dealer must have decided not to mix Japanese air with American. Some dealers have that hesitation. Others just don't bother doing their job properly, but I'm sure thats not the case here /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif . My dealers mechanic told me that there doesn't always have to be oil on the hydro dip stick because theres only a 1/2 quart difference between center of the marks and not on the stick at all. Can't argue with that kind of logic. We added the quart anyway...
Go with the manual.