LA724 loader VERY WEAK!

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #1  

L3240

I just purchased a brand new Grand L3240 with the LA724 loader, 72 grapple bucket with tooth bar, 72派eavy duty round back bucket, front 3rd valve option, and one rear remote option.

The problem is that the loader is VERY weak. Btw I am comparing this to my current Kubota 185DT with a factory Kubota loader that I have owned and operated for the last 15 years. All things being equal, I feel the little 185 loader has more power to weight by a long shot than this new LA724.

LA724 Loader Specifications from the Kubota site:
AttachmentView
Has anyone come up with a clever way to test these specifications on their own loader?

Here are some examples that I am comparing to the above Kubota specifications:

I can稚 pick up a full load 5/8 crushed rock unless the bucket is curled (rolled-back) all the way back, and then the loader lifts very slowly. If I rotate the bucket forward at all the loader won稚 lift the crushed rock load.

When going into the 5/8 crushed rock pile I am trying to curl (roll-back) the bucket and lift, but the loader just stalls. If I stop and try just curl, or lift, it continues to stall. I am required to backup a little in order to get the loader to start to roll-back and then lift. Essentially I am required to baby/finesse the loader in order to pick up a load of rock?

If I rotate the bucket forward (dump position) and put it on the ground it doesn稚 have the power to rip sod out of the ground in either the curl or roll-back cycle. It barley has the power to lift the front wheels off the ground.

The loader痴 roll-back force won稚 break a single one inch root at ground level.

Also, when I move the loader lever to the R1 position (first position to the right - dump) there is very little power, when I move the loader lever to the R2 (second position to the right- dump) the bucket moves very fast and has more power. My manual states that the R1 position (regeneration) is for dumping with greater speed, and that position 2 is the 途egular dump position, and has good power and control for precise dumping. The manual also states that the flow rate is high at position R1, and low at position R2. The loader is fast at R1, and very fast at R2?

The tractor is currently at the dealer where they are trying to figure out what the problem is, but at the same time have stated that they 吐eel this is normal operation.

Does anyone else have the LA724 loader that has experienced any of my concerns?

Do you think they could have crossed the high and low flow rate lines when the added the front 3rd valve option, or the rear remote option?

Do you think I could have a faulty relief valve?

Do you think I could have a faulty loader valve?

Help please

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #2  
Hope the dealer finds something to fix... I do know that the heavy duty bucket is larger and heavier than other buckets...thus reducing payload while increasing bucket size.... In my case, dealer checked the relief valve pressure and it was under spec.... ability to lift was significantly increased when it was reset.. to the top end of the PSI specification. Not having the specific loader you have, I can't add any further info.

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #3  
I have the same loader on my L3540 and have not experienced any weakness. It takes the front wheels off the ground in a almost frightening speed and ease. Load wise, I'm able to drive into, curl and lift a full load of soaking wet clay without compromise.

I only have one suggestion and this was the case with my BX23. When the rear/mid linkage control was engaged it adversly affected the function of the loader in amost a paralyzing way.

Hope they can straighten it out!

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK!
Thanks for the replies. The dealer just called and said that they think it is the quick attach that is causing the loader to be so weak.

How do your loaders work when in the R2 position? Do they dump fast, slow, controlled, stronger, weaker?

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #5  
L3240 said:
it is the quick attach that is causing the loader to be so weak.

How do your loaders work when in the R2 position? Do they dump fast, slow, controlled, stronger, weaker?

I don't understand why it would be the QA or how that would effect the power or weakness.

My Loader will dump quickly if I don't feather the control.

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #6  
sounds like a relief valve, the quick attach does cause it to loose some power, but not that much. The LA724 is about the strongest loader you cna buy on a 32Hp tractor.

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #7  
The first circuit you get into to the right is the regen, slow, more control, the far right is very fast. In the first you are applying the same pressure to both sides of the piston. The rod side sees less because there are fewer square inches of piston surface, (rod takes up some space). That is the first place you get into when dumping, and is made that way for that very reason.
My L4200GSTC, with a quick attach and a heavy skidsteer 4in1 bucket, will lift the tractor up using curl or boom. It will do this with R1 and R2, at very low engine RPM.

The lift and curl are dependent on system pressure. I think yours is low. Have them check it. KennyV.

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #8  
Should be plenty strong, the 853 loader with Q/A will curl a heaping bucket of crush with the huge material bucket. Hope the dealer figures it out.
Ken

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK!
slowzuki said:
Should be plenty strong, the 853 loader with Q/A will curl a heaping bucket of crush with the huge material bucket. Hope the dealer figures it out.
Ken

How much power do you get under curl?

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #10  
It sounds like a plumbing problem. The dealer should be able to figure it out.

jb