Tractor
    Cub Cadet 149, Kubota BX2200, JD LX277

Default Hard to engage PTO on BX2200

I seem to remember a thread about this but the search feature didn't find it. A friend is having trouble getting the PTO to engage on his BX2200. He said he has had problems with it since it was new but never told the dealer of his problem. His son has lubricated all the linkage that he could and the tractor is always garaged. Am I lucky that mine has never given my a problem? Any help in solving his problem would be appreciated.

Tractor

Default Re: Hard to engage PTO on BX2200

No one else has had a BX2200 with this problem?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI LK30

Are you sure he is not just having a problem getting the lever over the detent. I have always had to exert a lot of force to move the lever sideways and get it over the detent.

Tractor

I don't believe so because he told me he pushes it to the side as he tries to push forward (down) on it. Thanks for the reply. It doesn't look like this is a problem that other people have by the lack of responses. I've never had a problem with mine so I figured it was worth a shot to ask about it in this forum.

Tractor
    2004 Kubota BX23, 1966 WheelHorse 856

The linkage could be dirty/corroded enough to hang up. This has been posted on several occasions.
    Get some WD40 or PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench etc., and give the entire linkage a good wash down. Try working the lever then wash the linkages down again.

Good luck
    BX23 w/60" MMM & thumb.
    1966 Wheelhorse 856, Gear drive.
    1966 Wheelhorse 876, HST drive.
    w/50"sickle mower, 36" RDM, snow/grader plow, Alternator welder.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Volfandt
    The linkage could be dirty/corroded enough to hang up. This has been posted on several occasions.
    Thanks, I was beginning to think I drempt seeing a post about it! I tried the search feature before I posted but found nothing. I might get up to his place this weekend to take a look at it and I'll bring along some Aerokroil to spray on it. His son had supposedly already done that but who knows!