Loose wheel bolts

/ Loose wheel bolts #1  

Anonymous Poster

Any of you Kubota owners ever have wheel bolts coming loose on your tractors,like I have on my John Deere 4400?

/ Loose wheel bolts #2  
I've seen very occasional posts where they needed to be re-torqued on a new unit after a bit of use or service, but I think that is standard operating procedure on all tractors. I don't recall seeing anything about the Kubotas having a problem with the lug bolts loosening though. Closest thing that I recall is some older style hubs coming loose from the axle on some older models that had the option of changing the tire width...if i remember right, that was a pretty easy fix, though, and pretty rare at that....

/ Loose wheel bolts #4  
Part of my regular inspection is checking all fasteners on my L3010. Once I had a wheel nut back off about 1/3 of a turn. This is the sort of thing that has less to do with the type of tractor than in implementing a good, common sense preventive maint program.

Pete

/ Loose wheel bolts #5  
After I read all of the posts in the JD forum last week about this problem I checked mine this weekend (Kubota M4900). All of them were tight but I've only got about 20 hours on it.....Doggone it.

TBone