New B3030 Impressions

/ New B3030 Impressions #1  

bandit67

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 B3000 HSDCC 2020 Z251 Zero Turn
After 18 hours on my new B3030, I thought I'd give some input on it.

I'm very impressed with the power and capability of the BH75. I've dug up a few good sized Ponderosa Pine stumps, and spent quite a bit of time chipping away at a granite ledge in varying states of decomposition to expand our driveway. I spent some time last fall digging at that same hillside with a rented L35 and full size New Holland 95 series, and am no less impressed with the little BH75.

Although I wanted the fancier 3pt linkage with all of it's features for easier hookup, there's no replacement for a 3pt quick hitch setup. Although I really had no complaints with the quarter inching valve on a rented B7800, I love the Position Control on the B3030. That alone was worth the price difference between the 7800 & 3030 in my opinion. Position Control is AWESOME. I've used it with the rotary cutter and the rock rake so far (haven't hooked up my new rear blade yet). Did I say that I LOVE position control?

After 18 hours, I'm very happy with my choice in the B3030, and expect it will be a decent workhorse for me for many years to come. There's no way my old subcompact would have cut it on my current property. Overall, I really like the size & power of the B3030. Some of my tasks would be well suited to the L39, but for the long term, I think the B3030 will serve me very well. I see me adding a lot more implements & attachments over the years.

/ New B3030 Impressions #2  
The 3030 is a great machine, not too big, not too small, good on fuel, handles well, lots to like about the 3030.

/ New B3030 Impressions #3  
Bandit, does the 3030 come with the fender mount joystick for FEL or is this an add on feature?

/ New B3030 Impressions
It's an option. It's the one from the cab model. Should cost an additional $200 or less.

/ New B3030 Impressions #5  
Great machine. I do like the woods bh80x backhoe with it, as it has a little more oomph. But you have to weight the tractor to keep it from getting pushed around.

I actually think you'll find the telescoping arms are really nice once you switch a few more times. I just order the pats easy change to use with them, which I think will really be the cats meow. Long term I'm pondering the delta hook system though, especially if I get a new tractor. The front skidsteer QA has really spoiled me with how easy implement changes are.

/ New B3030 Impressions #6  
Bandit, what about posting some pics of your new machine? I would like to see how the joystick is mounted.

/ New B3030 Impressions
OK, I've been busy, so I haven't had time to post more pics. Here are some pics of some of the granite ledge I've been chipping away at with the backhoe.

As of tomorrow, I'll have had the tractor for 2 weeks. Have 24 hours on it so far. Looks like the 50 hour service is just around the corner.

Attachments

• 152_5225.JPG
    152_5225.JPG
    470.5 KB · Views: 363
  • 152_5227.JPG
    152_5227.JPG
    465.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 152_5228.JPG
    152_5228.JPG
    477.3 KB · Views: 289
   / New B3030 Impressions #8  
great pictures bandit:)

I am impressed with the BH75 having seen the work you are doing with it.

I need to buy a BH75 w/thumb as well