frontmount blower

/ frontmount blower #1  

sideman

Does anyone know how long it takes to remove the front snowblower under carriage and quick attachment? And then install mmm on a bx 2230

/ frontmount blower #2  
Lets see, 10-15 minutes for the snowblower and 10-15 minutes for the MMM, about 20-30 minutes:D . Now are u going to clean, paint and grease the snowblower and put it away for the winter and then clean, grease, and paint the MMM before u put it back on for summer work, add 1-1.5 hours to above.:eek:

/ frontmount blower #3  
sideman said:
Does anyone know how long it takes to remove the front snowblower under carriage and quick attachment? And then install mmm on a bx 2230

sideman,

I'm assuming you haven't done it before? It takes me a little longer than NY_Yankees_Fan estimated, but I'm kind of slow anyway. I have a BX 1800 with the 2750 blower on the front and taking it off goes a lot faster than putting it on. I have an uncanny ability to either get the PTO shaft to glide on quickly some years....and some years not so quickly. The mower deck normally hooks up pretty fast if you don't have to readjust the caster wheels. I used to, but now just drag it sideways into position...much faster. Then it's just awkward to get at the PTO to hook that up, but you get the hang of it after 6 years and it becomes easier, ha! Have fun. Dyer, retired

/ frontmount blower
thanks I am looking at snowblowers and thougt it might be difficult changing all the brackets for the front mount blower

/ frontmount blower #5  
sideman said:
thanks I am looking at snowblowers and thougt it might be difficult changing all the brackets for the front mount blower

I thought it would be hard when I first got it, but it turned out to be pretty easy. As I said, the only thing I ever have trouble with is lining the male and female pto shafts up so the splines on the male hit the right point on the female side.....sometimes that takes longer than it should for some reason. I wouldn't let it deter you from the front mounted blower purchase. I am not as agile as I used to be, so I really like the front mounted rig. I have a 6 foot blade on the rear too, so I use that quite a bit on the small snowfalls. I used them both a lot last winter, since it was the record setting winter for snowfall here in Maine. I am glad to have a few months off and just concentrate on mowing the lawn. Dyer, retired

/ frontmount blower #6  
Does the snowblower lift assembly (front quick hitch) have to be removed to install the MMM ?

/ frontmount blower #7  
mike194 said:
Does the snowblower lift assembly (front quick hitch) have to be removed to install the MMM ?

mike194,

Yes it does. I found another thing with the snowblower lift assembly in place....you can't slide the cowling forward to get at the oil filter. The filter is so much easier to change if you can slide the cowling foward and with the snowblower lift in place, it blocks that from happening. I make a point to change the oil just before I mount the snowblower in the fall and again when I remove it. The mmm front mount bracket is a 2 minute job to hook up...I wish the snowblower lift assembly went as quick. Even that is only a 10 minute job at most. Dyer, retired