B3030 with cab and 60" deck, golf course?

/ B3030 with cab and 60" deck, golf course? #11  
ficord said:
Thank you all for the input on the deck .I have decided to get the new zero turn.
I have been used to a zero turn and I think it would drive me crazy to try and make all the turns with b3030. At the end each row I would just zip the zero turn around and fly down the next row, to turn the b3030 around would be a big deal compared to the zero turn. I will just have to find other uses for the 3030

Your decision is already made, but I can tell you that when I cut my grass, I take about 3 circuits around the perimeter of the yard. I then start striping back and forth. I do a small "jog out" at the end of each stripe and then a hard turn to make a "lollipop" and go right back down the next row. I run R4s and usually make the turns at full boogie in Medium range. It has been one of the wettest May's in history here and we are just over halfway through the month, and I have only noticed 1-2 spots in my 3+ acre yard where I have done even the slightest bit of damage doing this.

No big deal, and I only have one vehicle to maintain!!

:D

/ B3030 with cab and 60" deck, golf course? #12  
Hah! I do almost the exact same thing as stimpee. Though I mow less than a 1/4 acre with a 3030 and a 72 mmm... how's that for overkill?

In truth, I end up going over every piece of lawn 6 times or so, but its still really quick.

I do occasional damage on damp lawn with foamed r4s (heavier than loaded) backhoe subframe, and FEL on. Mainly when turning. Dry with turfs I can't imagine I'd have a problem. Like everything else there is a lurning curve though.

I've even mowed the lawn dry with the backhoe on without issue...

And I bet if you watched a golf course being mowed, they'd use a cab tractor with turf tires.