bx grass catcher

/ bx grass catcher #1  

Keithctc

Well I gave in to my wife and bought a bagger for my bx24. After I installed it I ended up with an extra part so I decided to read the instructions. This 3/16" thick x 6" wide x 19" long orange part is no where to be found on the instructions. I spoke to a dealer and he thinks that it is a deflector which would help the collection system work better. It has 2 square holes for carraige bolts and a 4" long arm on it. I can"t find anywhere on the deck that will accept it. Anyone help would be appreciated Thanks, Keith

/ bx grass catcher #2  
By your description, sounds like the "mower plate" (a deflector), which is part of the Boot Kit. It attaches under front lip of mower housing at discharge opening (54"/60" mowers, part looks different for 48"). There are two bolt holes in lip which should correspond to the two carriage bolt holes you describe. You should have gotten 3 manuals; one each for bagger, stand kit, and boot kit.

/ bx grass catcher #3  
Only certain boot kits / deck combinations use this plate. It is actually not a deflector plate, but just a mounting plate. It comes with the bagger whether you need it or not. I have one in my garage that I'm sure I will find a use for.

You gotta love those Japanese-to-English instruction manuals!