B3030 - Use of 3pt vs MMM

/ B3030 - Use of 3pt vs MMM #1  

Lindy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030, John Deere 325, (Former) '53 Ford Jubilee
Newbish question about the B3030 here --

My question is about having a 3pt attachment and the MMM hooked up to the tractor at the same time.

No problems if I want to use, for example, my 3pt tiller while I have the MMM hooked up. I discovered how to "pin up" the deck so it doesn't lower when I drop the 3pt arms.

On the other hand, is there any way to keep the 3pt tiller raised if I want to drop the belly mower? Or do I have to disconnect the tiller in order to mow?

Thanks,
Lindy

/ B3030 - Use of 3pt vs MMM #2  
Sorry Lindy but you will have to disconnect.

/ B3030 - Use of 3pt vs MMM #3  
Yup, think you are out of luck in trying to mow with a 3pt implement on the back...

Although, depending on how you have your mower set, I have noticed that my mower is sitting on the ground at a 3.5" cut setting, with the position control set on 6 or 7 on the control. You might want to see if that setting might be enough to give you adequate clearance with a 3pt implement mounted.

Somehow I doubt it, but who knows!

Steve

/ B3030 - Use of 3pt vs MMM
:( Thanks, guys. Kinda what I figured.

I was hoping that Kubota had built in some slick, hidden feature on the B3030 that would allow me to do that. They seem to have done a real good job building lots of neat features right in to this tractor.

/ B3030 - Use of 3pt vs MMM #5  
I went to pick up my B3030, 72 MMM and tiller. We found that we could not lock the MMM in the upper position and it appears I'll have to take the tiller off when operating the MMM. Lindy, what method are you using to lock the MMM in the upper position?

/ B3030 - Use of 3pt vs MMM #6  
The mid mower should lock / pin up. There is a pin on each side that locks the mower in the raised position after you raise it with the 3pt lift control. Once it is pinned in place you can raise and lower the 3pt arms and the mower will stay up. At least that was the case with the 60" MMM mower I had.

If there is a problem, you should have the dealer show you how to do it and fix any issue.

Last edited:
   / B3030 - Use of 3pt vs MMM #7  
How about this guys, I know Kubota 3030 has a rate of drop knob for the lift cylinder, you can turn the knob CW and it locks the 3 point where it is. Meanwhile your hyd pump is running and thru hyd spool returning the fluid back to the reservoir. if you have a separate spool valve for your MMM then you should have no problem lowering or raising the MMM with no effect on 3 point lift.

JC,

/ B3030 - Use of 3pt vs MMM #8  
There is a brace/bracket at the back of the 72 inch MMM that limits the travel of the MMM. I'm thinking the 60 inch can be pinned up but not certain about the 72". I'm hoping someone with a 72" will comment.

/ B3030 - Use of 3pt vs MMM #9  
I haven';t tried pinning up the 72, but the pins are there for pinning the mid pto when the mower is off.

Driving on and off over the mmm is actually quick enough that dropping it isn't so bad. Still not as good as changing 3pt stuff, but I'm hopeful I'll get better at it.

/ B3030 - Use of 3pt vs MMM #10  
Charlesaf3 said:
I haven';t tried pinning up the 72, but the pins are there for pinning the mid pto when the mower is off.

Driving on and off over the mmm is actually quick enough that dropping it isn't so bad. Still not as good as changing 3pt stuff, but I'm hopeful I'll get better at it.

Mine looks as if it will pin up, and it came with pins, but I have not actually tried it. Might take a tiny bit of levering to get the holes to line up perfectly, but I cannot imagine why it wouldnt work.