Does a Kioti DK45SE FEL really lift 800lbs. more than a Kubota L4400 FEL?

/ Does a Kioti DK45SE FEL really lift 800lbs. more than a Kubota L4400 FEL? #1  

warhammer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE HST
If so am I likely to miss that extra capacity moving mostly dry soil?

/ Does a Kioti DK45SE FEL really lift 800lbs. more than a Kubota L4400 FEL? #2  
warhammer said:
If so am I likely to miss that extra capacity moving mostly dry soil?

I don't know, what's the Kubota rated at? I move 1900lbs+ round bales without issue and another member has moved a 6ft. concrete jersey barrier with a grapple on a DK40SE (same loader).

/ Does a Kioti DK45SE FEL really lift 800lbs. more than a Kubota L4400 FEL? #3  
Check the specs but make sure you compare all the specs. In other words, compare figures for pivot pin, bucket center and 500mm forward of the lift pins.

The L4400 is not known for its hydraulic capacity...although it is higher than its most comparable competitor, the JD 990.

If the Kioti really has 800 pounds more lift at 500mm forward or at bucket center, then that's a pretty big deal. 800 pound is a lot.

/ Does a Kioti DK45SE FEL really lift 800lbs. more than a Kubota L4400 FEL? #4  
If I remember right the L4400 is a pretty small tractor? A lot smaller than a DK45. I would guess the loader would be less too.

/ Does a Kioti DK45SE FEL really lift 800lbs. more than a Kubota L4400 FEL? #5  
The L4400 is very light.

/ Does a Kioti DK45SE FEL really lift 800lbs. more than a Kubota L4400 FEL? #6  
The DK45SE is a heaftier tractor than the L4400 and probably has one of the better loader specs in its class.

That said, when you are talking about lifting a bucket full of stuff, both will do you just fine. I have a L3400 with much less loader than the L4400 and it lifts a heaping bucket of 3/4"gravel with no sweat at all.

Bucket size / volume is generally matched with loader capability.

/ Does a Kioti DK45SE FEL really lift 800lbs. more than a Kubota L4400 FEL? #7  
Kioti DK45SE - KL401
Lift Capacity to Full Height at Pivot Pins = 2,761 lbs
Rated flow = 10 gpm
Relief valve pressure = 2556 psi

Kubota L4400 - LA703A
Lift Capacity to Full Height at Pivot Pins = 1,818 lbs (less 943 lbs)
Rated flow = 7.8 gpm (less 2.2 gpm)
Relief valve pressure = 2560 psi (more 4 psi)

The specs listed are both AT THE PIVOT PINS, so there is no doubt the specs are a true comparison. It looks as though you have to go up to a much larger Kubota like the M-series with the LA1002 loader to come close to the specs of the Kioti. Of course you still get a better warranty and newer more ergonomic design with the Kioti as well.

That DK45 is one heck of a machine and it is not easy to find a comparable tractor, let alone a stronger one.

Last edited:
   / Does a Kioti DK45SE FEL really lift 800lbs. more than a Kubota L4400 FEL? #8  
The LA 853 loader on the MX5000 or Lxx30 and Lxx40 series is a much closer comparison, something like 2400 lb to the top at the pins. The kubota loader used to have a much stronger curl but I'd guess Kioti fixed that on theirs by now.

The DK45 is a nice unit, from what I hear a lot fewer problems than the DK55. Its about the same size physically as my L5030HSTC and locally about the same price. Ergonomics are a draw I'd say between the 30/40 series and the DK's. The DK's control layouts are nicer than the econo model kubotas.

Dmace said:
Kioti DK45SE - KL401
Lift Capacity to Full Height at Pivot Pins = 2,761 lbs
Rated flow = 10 gpm
Relief valve pressure = 2556 psi

The specs listed are both AT THE PIVOT PINS, so there is no doubt the specs are a true comparison. It looks as though you have to go up to a much larger Kubota like the M-series with the LA1002 loader to come close to the specs of the Kioti. Of course you still get a better warranty and newer more ergonomic design with the Kioti as well.

That DK45 is one heck of a machine and it is not easy to find a comparable tractor, let alone a stronger one.

/ Does a Kioti DK45SE FEL really lift 800lbs. more than a Kubota L4400 FEL? #9  
The ergo's on the DK are not bad although I have notice my lower back hurting on longer days in the seat. I attribute that to me just jumping in the seat and going at it. Very rarely do I make adjustments until it's already to late. Something I have come to learn not to do. That said the seat is stiff (I say a good thing after long hours) but has forward/back positioning and reclining. The steering wheel has tilt as well which I typically only use during long jaunts of mowing or harrowing.