BX2200 Starts, But Stops in "Run" Key Position

/ BX2200 Starts, But Stops in "Run" Key Position #1  

webhund

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I would appreciate some suggestions on where to start looking to track this problem down:

BX2200 starts just fine and will keep running as long as the key is in the "start" position. The second I let the key release to the "Run" position, she stops. This started just today with no odd behavior starting or running previously.

Same thing occurs if the key is kept in the "start" position and either low/high gear selected. She stops immediately as soon as put in gear.

I suspect this is an electrical or ignition switch issue, but that wouldn't (to my simple mind) explain why she stops when put in gear. All suggestions welcome. I've got 34 tons of limestone wall rock to move and I really don't want to do it with a wheelbarrow. :)

/ BX2200 Starts, But Stops in "Run" Key Position #2  
Sounds like it's either a blown fuse, probably a 15 amp, or the key switch may be bad or the stop solenoid could also be bad.

1st, check all your fuses and also make sure that all your safety switches are connected and that they are secured properly. A loose switch will act just like one thats tripped.
I'm not sure about the BX2200 but on later model BX's a blown fuse can cause similar situation.

With a multimeter, you can determine which lead on the key switch is the common "hot" lead. On the BX23 it's the 30 lead. (as labled on the back of the switch). You can then disconnect the electrical connector to the switch then test for continuity between the common "hot" terminal and the other terminals. In the off position you shouldn't read any continuity between the terminals. In the "on" position you should read continuity between the common "hot" terminal and the terminal that feeds 12vdc to the run circuits. On the BX23 this is the 30 terminal. If you don't read any continuity between the common hot terminal and any of the others with the switch "on" then you've got a bad switch.
I'm not sure if the BX220 has a "run" circuit on the stop solenoid but if it does then you're problem could be in the stop solenoid.
It's a process of elimination.
Good luck

/ BX2200 Starts, But Stops in "Run" Key Position #3  
Check your 'seat switch' and/or connections.

/ BX2200 Starts, But Stops in "Run" Key Position #4  
There was a thread about three months ago on a BX2200 with the exact same thing. That one was the solenoid. I remember another one two or three years ago where the switch was kicking back too far. When released from the start position, it wsa kicking back past run, to the assessory position.

I am having electrical problems on my BX2200. It started blowing the start solenoid fuse over and over. The dealer replaced the voltage regulator a few weeks ago. Today, it started blowing fuses again (it runs, but fuel guage, lights, temp guage, etc. won't work). When I pulled out the first blown fuse today, I noticed the dealer had replaced the 15 amp fuse with a 25 amp. He didn't tell me he'd done that.

/ BX2200 Starts, But Stops in "Run" Key Position #5  
Tom H,

Your dealer is trying to sell you a new wiring harness. You are lucky you didn't smoke some wiring.

ron