Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X
Vic, i like that ! I'm at a terrible disadvantage since the 130+ yr old wood floor in my barn doesn't allow much of anything to roll very easily. I aspire to have a concrete floor eventually. I used two pinch bars, a five footer in front of the tire and a four foouter behind, to lever the wheel up onto the studs. My back is still feeling it today :eek: !

Charles, and anyone else interested in Kubota's wheel spacers........ i THINK there was a note in Kubota's whole goods list that stated the wheel spacers may cause interferance between the rear tires and the factory belly mower. Not sure if it meant the 60, or 72 inch. Or...... maybe i'm completely mistaken and it didn't say any of that. Between the old age and the A.D.D. i'm not really sure of anything anymore. I guess what i'm saying is ....... for anyone with the belly mower, check into it before buying the wheel spacers !

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X #22  
thanks for the heads up.

I've run a lot of tops through the wallenstein 62 btw. Works nicely, though could certainly use a sharpening - I'll probably order an extra set of knives first.

It is too much for the b3030, fyi. Works, but you can choke the tractor (probably better with sharp knives). And what it does to the b3030s center of gravity on my hills is a little nervous-making.

I like it a lot, and I think it'll shine with the M59. I wouldn't pay the extra to put one on a 3030 unless you found a great deal, or had upgrade thoughts down the road. Otherwise I'd guess the Wallenstein 42 would be a better fit, fyi for anyone who is thinking between the 2 on this size tractor.

I like the hydraulics A LOT, though. Though I wish I could adjust the rotors tighter.

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X #23  
Found out how much a new set of wallenstein knives cost - not cheap. So sharpening is the first order of business, found a local machine shop guy who will do it.

I'm so happy putting tops through the chipper rather than loading them on the trailer and taking them to the dump. I did find the limits of the chipper again - getting lazy, so feeding bigger and bigger tops through, till I plugged it again. Luckily its not hugely painful to disassemble and clean, but its definitely been sitting there waiting for me to do it for a bit. I knew the top I was putting in was too big for it... my own fault.

Actually, not too big for the wallenstein, too big for the b3030 to be clear

Charles...... i'm anxious for you to try your chipper on your new tractor. It should be unstoppable by anything that can fit through the feed hopper !!:D

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X #25  
Yeah, I really think it will. If I didn't have so many sitting backhoe projects, it'd be on there already.

Well, that and new backhoe removal phobia. Have you taken the woods on and off yet?

On the flip side, as long as I treat it like a 42, the 3030 has no problem. Which is really fine, since if I'm plugging the chipper I'm feeding stuff I'd call firewood in there. I just have so many trees to drop that my definition of firewood is getting bigger, since I need to move tops off the lawn.

Charlesaf3 said:
I'm feeding stuff I'd call firewood in there. I just have so many trees to drop that my definition of firewood is getting bigger, since I need to move tops off the lawn.

This is bringing tears to my eyes!:mad: If only you were closer i'd come trade labor for some of that delicious oak !!:D :D :D

I've only put the hoe on, and taken it back off the first time. No real problem. Its now sitting in my barn on that stack of 2x's you screwed together for me.

On a side note..... i'm really surprised i'm still sitting on my BH6000 ! Got it advertised several different places. I figured that since its literally like new, someone would want it on their tractor. Perhaps a sign of the economy.:confused:

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X #27  
I know, its sad, if I saw me doing it I'd think "what is that jackass up to?"

You got the hoe in the barn? Excellent!

I am surprised at that 6000. Its a good little hoe. Did you put it on here?

Yes.... its inside and out of the way (for now). Not sure what i'm gonna do this fall though....... i'll need room for the loader too, when i put the blower on. I may have to move my indoor firewood pile outdoors....... or i need a bigger barn.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have my backhoe listed in the TBN classifieds and a couple of Craigslists. I might be asking a few hundred too much, but it gives me room for negotiation. I've had a hundred emails, but no one has shown up with cash in their hand yet.:mad: No mad rush, i just figured that in comparison to some of the welded up, worn out junk backhoes i looked at before i found that one....:eek: :eek: :eek:

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X #29  
A hundred emails is a good sign of interest though.

But yeah, yours is in good shape and is a good deal. Especially as used backhoes don't come around much, unless they are basically scrap.

I hear you on the bigger barn! And annoyingly, I'm not even done building this one! Time to buy some cheap tarps I guess