Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X #1  

Ductape

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
I picked up a Woods BH 80X this week. Thankfully, my local dealer (M B Tractor) had two sub-frame kits in stock. Sub-frame installation was very straightforward, and took a few hours. My local Kubota dealer also made the hydraulic lines for me this morning. Of course i couldn't wait to go out to the back yard and dig a few holes to try it out !!:D :D I picked up a few rocks to try out the thumb...... how the heck did i ever live without one ??:confused:

Attachments

• BH 80X 001.JPG
    BH 80X 001.JPG
    488.1 KB · Views: 686
  • BH 80X 004.JPG
    BH 80X 004.JPG
    576.6 KB · Views: 674
   / Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X #3  
Nice! I've tried hard to justify one. Just have not been able to do it. I bet I will succeed eventually :)

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X #4  
just out of curiosity what did you pay for your bh80x installed I paid 6700 installed with the thumb and I am trying to see if I got a decent deal or not. By the way I live in central nh where abouts do you live?

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X
I'm not far from exit 19 or 20. I couldn't exactly tell you what i paid, because i did some horse trading to get the backhoe. Subframe kit and hydraulic lines were a little over a grand. I installed everything myself. It sounds like you got a good deal to me though.

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X #6  
That's a very nice hoe! Enjoy her!

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X #7  
Ductape, Congrats on the BH!! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do mine. When I got mine, I had a few specific projects in mind, but have found it very usefull for a lot of "things". Also, you'll really appreciate having that thumb!!! I had to replace several shrubs that didn't fare well this past winter. Popping them out with the thumb was a snap!

Closs2sx, you are right in line on the price for yours. I paid the same for my BH installed.

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X #8  
I have a B3030HSDC and have contemplated that same purchase. My worry was the bother of trying to navigate the the tractor while using the backhoe. It seems like it may be tough getting in and out of the the cab to reposition vs. the open frame on a non-cab unit. Sure looks nice though.

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X #9  
Wow, that was quick! I haven't even gotten around to changing the fittings on the chipper, I've been planting and working on my driveway all weekend.

No problems with the seat? It's a great hoe, I think you'll love it.

6700 installed strikes me as a great price btw.

/ Weekend Project ......... Install Woods BH 80X
Charles, Maxwell and I don't mess around !:D

No problems with the seat, as the cab sub-frame is 6 inches longer than the non-cab. The are a couple small issues to deal with though.... one is the mounting pins/bolts rub the inside of the turf tires. I will need a wheel spacer kit.... something i figured i'd get eventually anyway.