Kubota Thumb on BH65

/ Kubota Thumb on BH65 #1  

J0be269

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
I received my factory (optional) thumb for my BH65 recently and so far I love it. Initially the pin that secures it in the desired position would not go in far enough to let the retaining pin go in it. It was in there when I got it back from the dealer but looks like they must have used a hammer to make it happen.

Five mins with the die grinder solved that problem by removing a tiny bit on the handle portion of the big pin. Looking at the way this thumb positions (it's a tube in tube type design) I believe that it could very easily be converted to hydraulic operation. It's not something on my list as of yet, but I'm sure it one day will be. Any way here are a few pics of it for those who may be wondering about the thumb.

Attachments

• thumb1.jpg
    thumb1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,198
  • thumb2.jpg
    thumb2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,465
  • thumb3.jpg
    thumb3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,946
   / Kubota Thumb on BH65 #2  
J0be269 said:
I received my factory (optional) thumb for my BH65 recently and so far I love it. Initially the pin that secures it in the desired position would not go in far enough to let the retaining pin go in it. It was in there when I got it back from the dealer but looks like they must have used a hammer to make it happen.

Five mins with the die grinder solved that problem by removing a tiny bit on the handle portion of the big pin. Looking at the way this thumb positions (it's a tube in tube type design) I believe that it could very easily be converted to hydraulic operation. It's not something on my list as of yet, but I'm sure it one day will be. Any way here are a few pics of it for those who may be wondering about the thumb.
Can you post the part/number for the kit?

Thank you.

/ Kubota Thumb on BH65 #4  
Could you do me a really big favor?
I want to make a thumb to match the Kubota design.
Could you take pictures of your thumb from a few angles with a ruler in the picture?
Also, the support tubes each by themself with a ruller showing length and hole locations?
I am in the process of adding supports to my BH75 and would like to create a thumb similar to what you bought.:D

/ Kubota Thumb on BH65 #5  
this is my home made hydraulic full rotation thumb for a bh65 with a quick coupler that i made... ( a video of the coupler is available on youtube )

actually i havent finished totaly my project...

66460_10151335672403851_480140096_n.jpg
537382_10151335672468851_883450282_n.jpg
64538_10151335674293851_1365529516_n.jpg

video of the coupler

/ Kubota Thumb on BH65 #6  
Nice job!

/ Kubota Thumb on BH65 #7  
<object width="568" height="320"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/10151349428308851"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/10151349428308851" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="568" height="320"></embed></object>

here a little video of the thumb

humm link not seems to work ;(

/ Kubota Thumb on BH65 #8  
It Says "video is unavailable , it has either been removed from facebook or it is not visible due to privacy settings"

/ Kubota Thumb on BH65 #9  

You should be able to add the cylinder and control valve and be in business. My B26 has a foot control pedal to work the hydraulic thumb which frees up all the other functions to work at the same time.

/ Kubota Thumb on BH65 #10  
It Says "video is unavailable , it has either been removed from facebook or it is not visible due to privacy settings"

thanks , switched to public ;)[video]https://www.facebook.com/v/10151349428308851[/video]