Tractor
    B2710/Loader/4690 Hoe

Default 4690 boom \'drop rate\'

Question for 4690 owners:

My boom lowering or 'drop' rate is very fast and makes operation quite sensitive. The other rates (boom raise, swing, dipper, curl) seem reasonable. The boom lower rate is easily 10 times as fast as the raise rate. Is this typical?

Your input appreciated.

Pete in Cincinnati

B2710/LA401/4690

Tractor
    Kubota L3600GST, loader, 4-in-1 bucket, backhoe, post hole digger, 5' bush hog, 6' box scraper

Default Re: 4690 boom \'drop rate\'

My 4690 behaves the same way. Boom up/down (and swing to a lesser extent) are MUCH faster that dip and curl. It really has a hair trigger on the left joystick. It has taken some getting used to. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that way or not. According to the instructions there are restricting orifices in the valve body to control speed. I was going to check that they were installed right one of these days but I've never got around to it.

Dave

Tractor
    Kubota L3650 & Bobcat 763G

Default Re: 4690 boom \'drop rate\'

Mine has been that way since I got it. I too just got use to it, but I've since got tired of easing it down so I am going to install an adjustable flow control valve on the boom cylinder. This will allow me to set the drop rate to what I like.