Default Paint Question

I'm looking to repaint some of my 3 point equip and would like to use some orange and gray to match my L2900 (1998) . has anyone found some paint such as TSC or that are a close match? I have bought Kubato paint in spray cans at $12.00 per can at the dealer but I'll be spraying a disc, plow, and other s so I would like to get somthing in a quart, or gallon can.
    Thanks in advance Larry from Ohio

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    Case 1845 C Skid steer

Default Re: Paint Question

I don't think it has to say (kubota) on the can to be close and cost $12.00.

Click here for my current weather

Case 1845C with dirt bucket, forks, 3 point quick hitch on the front, 30'. boom, 6 & 1/2 foot disc harrow, 5 foot Howse RC, root and tree bucket and Grouser tracks and a Ford F-550 pick up,7.3 Turbo with Auto and a Crosley 25' X 8'.6" X 14 K D/O trailer.
    PDF files don't like me !!
    Making a F-550 Pick Up thread
    My Gallery
    My other Gallery
    Revielle video here
    Dear Eliot

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

I've seen quart cans at the dealership...maybe even gallons...I'm not sure.

In painting an implement that isn't physically attached to the tractor, I'd use something less expensive...there are plenty of threads on acceptable substitutes. I'd only worry with kubota paint (and a perfect match) if I were painting the FEL or something that is otherwise bolted (and immediately adjacent to) the tractor.
    Kubota BX2230, FEL, Woods BH, 60" MMM, Bagger, 4' Box Blade, PHD, 8' x 20' 10k# Dovetail Trailer

Those of you who think you know it all are particularly annoying to those of us who do.

Veteran Member
    Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

PhoneGuy
    For the orange you will find Allis Chalmers is a good match. You can get it in gallons and qts at TSC.
    Chevy engine orange is also a good match KennyV.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Do a search and look at some of the old posts. One guy gave the formula for a match from Home Depot I believe. Also Chevy orange is a good match for the orange II. Good luck.
    If you're not the lead dog the view never changes.

BX24, loaded R4s, skid plates and wheel spacers, thumb, fold down canopy, lights, Woods RB60 and LR60, DR Power Grader, BH dolly, seatback bag, bucket hooks, leaky LF tire or rim since day 1

Tractor
    Kubota B3030

Not sure who posted this but i saved it. Here is the lowes kubota grey mix.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for all the replys on the paint question, Its great to have the gray mix for Lowe's I have the roll bar off at this time to get it into the shop door and it needs a fresh coat of paint. Would anyone have the Lowe's mix code for the orange?
    Thanks for all the help Larry

Veteran Member
    Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

Take a part, (orange) from your tractor, into Lowes They can computer match it. You can then post the mix? KennyV.

The chances are good that a auto supply store that handles paint can match the colour and supply it in pressurized cans or by the quart. Pretty well any amount you wish actually. They fill and pressurize the cans on site.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones