Paint Question

/ Paint Question #1  

phone guy

I'm looking to repaint some of my 3 point equip and would like to use some orange and gray to match my L2900 (1998) . has anyone found some paint such as TSC or that are a close match? I have bought Kubato paint in spray cans at $12.00 per can at the dealer but I'll be spraying a disc, plow, and other s so I would like to get somthing in a quart, or gallon can.
Thanks in advance Larry from Ohio

/ Paint Question #2  
I don't think it has to say (Kubota) on the can to be close and cost $12.00.

:)

/ Paint Question #3  
I've seen quart cans at the dealership...maybe even gallons...I'm not sure.

In painting an implement that isn't physically attached to the tractor, I'd use something less expensive...there are plenty of threads on acceptable substitutes. I'd only worry with Kubota paint (and a perfect match) if I were painting the FEL or something that is otherwise bolted (and immediately adjacent to) the tractor.

/ Paint Question #4  
PhoneGuy
For the orange you will find Allis Chalmers is a good match. You can get it in gallons and qts at TSC.
Chevy engine orange is also a good match KennyV.

/ Paint Question #5  
Do a search and look at some of the old posts. One guy gave the formula for a match from Home Depot I believe. Also Chevy orange is a good match for the orange II. Good luck.

/ Paint Question #6  
Not sure who posted this but i saved it. Here is the lowes Kubota grey mix.

Attachments

• 786022-ROPs Grey.jpg
    786022-ROPs Grey.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 139
   / Paint Question
Thanks for all the replys on the paint question, Its great to have the gray mix for Lowe's I have the roll bar off at this time to get it into the shop door and it needs a fresh coat of paint. Would anyone have the Lowe's mix code for the orange?
Thanks for all the help Larry

/ Paint Question #9  
The chances are good that a auto supply store that handles paint can match the colour and supply it in pressurized cans or by the quart. Pretty well any amount you wish actually. They fill and pressurize the cans on site.:D :D :D