John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #51  
you shoudn't listen to music while using the tractor. it is very unsafe. with hearing protection, you should still be able to hear the engine noise somewhat. you can tell much from the noises the tractor and impliments make while in use. if you can hear something break and stop using the equipment before you do real damage to yourself and the tractor, you'll be better off. there is a place to eat, drink, talk on the phone, watch tv, and listen to music, but it's not while using the tractor. do you drive a minivan?

I'm 100% with you. Little noises mean a lot when running any machinery. If noise canceling really works you won't hear what you should and little problems will go unnoticed. Running equipment is a noisy job, I use ear plugs but would never compromise safety with noise canceling head phones.

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #52  
I've never noticed any "hydro whine" on my equipment, but I agree, I prefer to listen to the equipment, I just "feel" too divorced from the environment if I can't hear what's going on.

I have started using ear plugs to reduce the noise level, primarily because the backup alarm on my skid steer is so darned loud! That's what got me started using ear plugs and now I have a set on each tractor. Great OSHA regulations: require a backup alarm so loud that it damages hearing :(

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #53  
After reading this thread, I decided to buy the JD noise cancellation headphones. I have to say that I am very impressed. They do exactly as advertised, which is reduce low frequency noise (e.g. the engine of a lawn mower or tractor, ....).

My hearing seems to get a little worse every year so I bought these to slow my hearing loss. I highly recommend them for that.

Eddie

My JD noise canceling headphones came today from Home Depot. Total with shipping and tax was $104.

It is just astonishing how well they work. I've got several friends who are small plane pilots and their AN type headphones don't do nearly as well and cost 4x as much. These are amazing. Can't recommend them enough.
impressed, rScotty