Ohio Steel Flat Bed Dump Cart for BX

/ Ohio Steel Flat Bed Dump Cart for BX #1  

derecskey

Anybody else using the Flat Bed Dump Cart from Ohio Steel or Sears online?

<a href="http://www.ohiosteelatv.com/atvcarts.htm">Flat Bed Cart at bottom</a>

I was unhappy with the flimsy steel carts at sears, and hate the spring/latch/dump on those. I also didn't like the fact that the sides are only 1' deep.

I went with the flatbed show above for several reasons:

1) Price.
2) Not poly... won't bust like poly.
3) Pin-based latch, more secure
4) ATV tires for my rougher terrain.
5) Can make sides of my own height choosing
6) Can take sides off when I want to
7) Can replace sides when they wear out. Can't replace rusted out 18 gauge steel sides on most carts.

At last, this should cut down on the dozens of trips in and out of the woods to bring back firewood or bring down landscape rocks.

/ Ohio Steel Flat Bed Dump Cart for BX #2  
saw a bx pictured with a walco dump bed box on the tractor's 3 pt.hitch. i followed up on it, and found out a 36"x36" x18" was the better part of $500.00 and a 48"x48" was in the mid $700.00s.
i need to purchase a tiller prior to this piece. will probably make a wooden deck for a tractor supply carryall. good hunting. shrekbelly

/ Ohio Steel Flat Bed Dump Cart for BX #4  
shrekbelly said:
will probably make a wooden deck for a tractor supply carryall. shrekbelly
Dumping my lawan trailer.

Here's my wooden carry all on my BX1500.I probably have about 25 bucks in it.

/ Ohio Steel Flat Bed Dump Cart for BX #5  
Cool, Lbrown! Ah, the versatility of multiple tractors. If one BX will do X amount of work, then two BXs will do almost X.......squared! :D

/ Ohio Steel Flat Bed Dump Cart for BX #6  
LBrown,

Elegant use of minimal material to maximum effect. I am in awe!

Shrekbelly,

I have the 4x4 Walco dump box which I use as a ballast box for FEL work. As soon as I can free up some "tractor cash" I plan to get a set of 3pt pallet forks so I can load and unload a pallet of ballast into and out of the box quickly. That way I'll be able to use it in either mode without having to throw everything back in by hand. Yep, I'm lazy and I'm not afraid to say so.

I also got it to help haul firewood out of the back woods. Just got a beefy chainsaw, so haven稚 actually done that yet. At 4 feet long, the box does reduce rear vivibility and maneuverability in the woods a bit, but it痴 not really bothersome.

-Jim

/ Ohio Steel Flat Bed Dump Cart for BX #7  
Northern Tools has some nice smaller "off road" trailers. Most that you buy the frame and make the box the way you like it.

/ Ohio Steel Flat Bed Dump Cart for BX #8  
Baby Grand said:
LBrown,

Elegant use of minimal material to maximum effect. I am in awe!

Shrekbelly,

I plan to get a set of 3pt pallet forks so I can load and unload a pallet of ballast into and out of the box quickly. That way I'll be able to use it in either mode without having to throw everything back in by hand.
*****Yep, I'm lazy and I'm not afraid to say so.

I also got it to help haul firewood out of the back woods. Just got a beefy chainsaw, so haven� actually done that yet. At 4 feet long, the box does reduce rear vivibility and maneuverability in the woods a bit, but it� not really bothersome.

-Jim
***** Oh Yeah laziness _ the mother of invention.!

/ Ohio Steel Flat Bed Dump Cart for BX
I ordered the Ohio Steel flatbed. I have $420 in it plus a hitch tongue and a tongue adapter for my BX, so I no longer have to install my draw bar to tow a trailer... just leave the ball on the tractor at all times.

Here's the breakdown:

HTML:
<a href="http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07129822000P"></Ohio Steel ATV flatbed from Sears online: $228 (great price, I was able to find some coupons) a>
Ohio Steel Oversized Shipping from Sears: $133 (ouch, so much for the great price)
Ohio Steel 3-way multipurpose hitch: $26 incl shipping
Ohio Steel Hitch Kit: $37 incl shipping
Pressure Treated 5/4 by 6" lumber for sides and pres treat 2x4 for stakes: approx $45
Carriage bolts: approx $8

So I guess all-told about $477 including shipping. But I should have a pretty darn versitile trailer with great tires, beefy sides, and a greater cubic volume than anything I could find in a big box store.

Guess I'll have to post a pic when it's all said and done.

/ Ohio Steel Flat Bed Dump Cart for BX #10