Mowing NH 450 Sickle Mower on Kubota L3650

/ NH 450 Sickle Mower on Kubota L3650 #1  

John3650

just purchased a NH 450 sickle bar mower and not having used one before I am having trouble hooking it up to my Kubota 40hp tractor. I can't seem to get the u shaped piece past the lift arm up rights so to attach it to the tractor. Do I need to adjust them in closer to the tractor to get more clearance for the u shaped piece? It looks like the adjustable top link goes between the two u shaped pieces on the mower and the first one attaches to the tractor. I hope this is making sense.
Is there a better way to do this or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.
John

/ NH 450 Sickle Mower on Kubota L3650 #2  
It sounds like you are trying to hook it up right. When I had a 451 and a John Deere 4500 cut which I believe to be comparable to your tractor, the center would not hook up right because of other brackets in the way, ect.

I ended up chaining the front together and picking it up with a quick hitch and using hydraulics to raise and lower the arm since it is supposed to raise and lower according to where the 3 pt is-obviously that would not work with my setup. Maybe someone else has the right answer for you but that is what I did.

John

/ NH 450 Sickle Mower on Kubota L3650 #3  
John3650 said:
just purchased a NH 450 sickle bar mower and not having used one before I am having trouble hooking it up to my Kubota 40hp tractor. I can't seem to get the u shaped piece past the lift arm up rights so to attach it to the tractor. Do I need to adjust them in closer to the tractor to get more clearance for the u shaped piece? It looks like the adjustable top link goes between the two u shaped pieces on the mower and the first one attaches to the tractor. I hope this is making sense.
Is there a better way to do this or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.
John
Hi Johm - welcome to TBN
The New Holland 451's U-shaped frame does interfere with Kubota's lift links. I mounted my 451 on a L3600 by making two short extension pieces for the top link that move the connection point out a couple inches.

toplink2.jpg

Last edited:
   / NH 450 Sickle Mower on Kubota L3650
Thanks guys for your help. I think we are on the right track now thanks to both of you.
John