Grease fitting on LA302 control valve

/ Grease fitting on LA302 control valve #1  

texblonigan

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
I looked over my LA302 loader manual a few times now, and it references a grease location on the loader control valve. I've looked many times, but can't seem to find anything like that on the control valve. The loader pin locations are obvious and are referenced in the manual, but the loader control valve is confusing me. Anybody find a grease location on the control valve? (B7500 with LA302)

/ Grease fitting on LA302 control valve #2  
Well if there's a fitting I'm in BIG trouble. I think they just want you to lube up the linkage good. I usually use a spray lube with teflon.

/ Grease fitting on LA302 control valve #3  
Well, the LA 482 FEL valve/joystick assembly has the same instructions - but no grease fitting, so I do as in the prior post, getting to the joystick base via the straw type of extension that comes with most spray cans (WD, Boeshield, etc) to get around the protective cover. I may change my approach though. There is a part (#70 in the 482 assembly) that connects the raise/lower hydralic valve to the metal cube at the base of the joystick. Such is a bolt with a smooth ball where the bolt head should be, and around it is a metal band that allows the joystick cube/bolt assembly to rotate about 1 axis. Mine broke last weekend (ball slipped out of metal band - as did the rubber bushing), at 70 hours of use. When I took the joystick assembly guard off, it seems clear that the most pressure is placed on the bolt/ball when the bucket is "floated" - which I've been doing a lot of. Now, I'm going to specifically lubricate that ball/band assembly. The bucket curl control does not have a similar set-up.

/ Grease fitting on LA302 control valve
Thanks Kubmech. I assume you are just spraying the ball joint connected to the joystick. Any particular teflon-type spray that you can recommend?

/ Grease fitting on LA302 control valve #5  
Lube all the moving linkage pivot points. I replace loader linkage on a pretty regular basis because it is worn so bad. Part of it is due to lack of regular lubrication and part of is some operators have the tendency to pull on it too hard trying to get "just a little more power". The stuff I use is from gunk or liquid wrench (forget) but any lube that has teflon will say on the can. It costs a little more but it's supposed to stick to the parts better.

/ Grease fitting on LA302 control valve
Thanks for the tip-- I'm going to pick some up. Glad I looked at the manuals and even happier that this web site exists!