Would steering problem be power train warranty?

/ Would steering problem be power train warranty? #1  

Mseriesfreak

I purchased My M105X on 9-20-05 the warranty covered everything for 2 years and 3 years on the power train.I thought i had a steering problem so i called the dealer where i bought the tractor i asked the service manager if the steering problem would be covered.She said yes so i bring it in they checked the pump flow and said it was ok.I still thought it was not right so i go there and drive 2 new tractors like mine and accepted that there was nothing wrong with mine.I thanked the manager and picked up my tractor and took it home.Yesterday i get a bill for 4 hrs. labor to check pump.Needless to say i was very upset.Maybe they will make it right when i go up there tommorow.Would hard to steer problem be power train?

/ Would steering problem be power train warranty? #2  
It should be spelled out in your warranty paper work. Generally with automobiles steering is not considered power-train. Powertrain is the engine, transmisson and axles. In fact most don't cover external parts of the engine like water pumps, alternaters etc....bascially only internal engine parts are covered.

Good luck

/ Would steering problem be power train warranty? #3  
I agree with off camber.

To answer your question.. Uh.. if the front axle broke off, and it caused a 'steering problem'.. I'd take that to be a powertrain issue.. if a pump went bad.. I doubt it would be a powertrain issue..

soundguy

/ Would steering problem be power train warranty?
I called 1st. thing this morning and talked to service manager and she said the reason she sent the bill is because they could not find anything wrong and Kubota would not pay them because of that.I called Kubota in georgia and talked to a guy in customer service and he said what you all did.Steering would not be covered in power train.He also said she was wrong in telling me it would be covered.I called the store manager which is also the man i bought the tractor from and he said he would take care of it so i was releived.All is well!!!

/ Would steering problem be power train warranty? #5  
Yep.. bottom line.. they should stand by their word.. etc.

soundguy