Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor.

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #11  
dangerdoc said:
Right tool for the right job. I have a Kubota ZTR in addition to the Kubota tractor, I wouldn't be without either.

A ZTR wouldn't be the right tool over this for me as I need the 3 point hitch for 3 point attachments.

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #13  
I have no problem dropping the loader and BH when I want to mow.

I find the only difficult job is re-installing the deck.

If I could get my top lock to work with the deck on, I would just leave the MMM on all the time.

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor.
I don't have the Husq in yet - next weekend. We have a tax-free weekend here in VT next weekend. Also I found a slightly used one at TSC this week with 10 hours on it that they are holding for me. (They say someone bought it, used it for a weekend and wanted something bigger.) Also I have a 10% off coupon. All together this will save me about $700 and I will get it for about $1500 out the door. I just couldn't pass that up.

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #16  
Unless you're dead set on selling the MMM for the Kubota, I would just hang onto it. A $1500 LT is several steps down in durability from what you're currently running. When that thing breaks down, and the shop is backed up 4-6 weeks during peak growing season, you'll have a backup to get the lawn mowed.

I also leave the MMM on my SCUT all summer. I guess it just depends on how you're using it. I upgraded from a LT, and I would never go back.

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #17  
timalabim said:
If I could get my top lock to work with the deck on, I would just leave the MMM on all the time.
what is the top lock??? is it to keep the deck up no matter what the 3ph is doing???

Aaron Z

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #18  
aczlan said:
what is the top lock??? is it to keep the deck up no matter what the 3ph is doing???

Yes it is, and I struggled with that problem for quite a while. I finally found an adjustment that made it work correctly on my tractor. Before making the adjustment, the highest I could lock it was 4" mowing height. Your experience may vary: Top Lock

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #19  
LBrown59 said:

A ZTR wouldn't be the right tool over this for me as I need the 3 point hitch for 3 point attachments.

The ZTR is fast and fun for mowing.

The tractor is for other jobs but is used for mowing in areas too rough for the ZTR.

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #20  
Wished I had enough BH work to keep mine on all the time. As it is, I mount and dismount the FEL & BH as needed and keep the MMM mounted all through the mowing season. Dollies and a concrete floor makes all too easy.
I do have a couple other L&G tractors that I could do the majority of my mowing with but, the BX23 is just too fine a finish mower for me so they don't get much usage, one pulls a trailer around and the other sicklemows a bank & around the pond.
Tain't nothing wrong with haveing multiple machines, remember the winner has the most :D