Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor.

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #1  

acohen100

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I have been mowing with the BX24 and 54" MMM for about a year and the novelty has officially worn off. I have to say that I found the procedure too onerous to continue. Take off the loader, take off the hoe or 3-pt, shove a 200# deck around, crawl under the tractor, bust knuckles fumbling with the PTO, mow, then repeat the procedure in reverse. I need something I can just jump on and mow with...without an ordeal each time. Other issues - because the tractor is so heavy it packs down the grass and gives an uneven cut, poor turning radius, deck maintenance and storage...

So I bought a new riding mower (Husq 2454 ~$1500) and need to sell the MMM. What would be a fair price for the used 54" MMM with about 100 hours on it and the axle stands?

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #2  
How do you like the Husq? We have been happy with ours.
I bought that one (maybe 48") about 2 summers ago and my wife has used it exclusively since.

Call some of the local dealers, maybe they know someone looking for that mower...

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #3  
Just give me the whole BX24 setup, problem solved :D

seriously, let me know how the husqvarna mower works out, that is one I am looking at. Course I would rather have the BX24 setup you have to mow with.

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #4  
acohen100 said:
... I need something I can just jump on and mow with...

Amen! Time is real important to me too!

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #5  
I like my 'bota G1800S. With 4-wheel steering, it has an excellent turning radius (something like a 12" uncut circle radius), and the trademark smooth-running 3-cyl 'bota diesel engine (D662/16HP). Sure its old, but I paid less for it (used) than most box-store riding mowers. Aside for the tight turning radius, the other nice advantage of the 4WS, esp. with the 48" deck that I have (it and it's more powerful brother the G1900 came with 48, 54, or 60" decks), the deck edge still takes a tighter turn than the rear wheel, which isn't the case with most riding mowers/tractors unless the deck is much wider than the rear tire track.

jas67
'71 B7100 w/ FEL, snow blower, rake, counterweight, PHD
'9? G1800S w/ 48" deck

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #6  
riptides said:
Amen! Time is real important to me too!

Yeah I saw the issues with mowing with the BX24 before I bought it. Luckly I already Had a Scotts (aka JD) Garden Tractor. I couldn't seem mowing the average yard with the BX24.

I like to mow go too or is it go and mow....

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #7  
acohen100 said:
I have been mowing with the BX24 and 54" MMM for about a year and the novelty has officially worn off. I have to say that I found the procedure too onerous to continue. Take off the loader, take off the hoe or 3-pt, shove a 200# deck around, crawl under the tractor, bust knuckles fumbling with the PTO, mow, then repeat the procedure in reverse. I need something I can just jump on and mow with...without an ordeal each time. Other issues - because the tractor is so heavy it packs down the grass and gives an uneven cut, poor turning radius, deck maintenance and storage...

So I bought a new riding mower (Husq 2454 ~$1500) and need to sell the MMM. What would be a fair price for the used 54" MMM with about 100 hours on it and the axle stands?

Right tool for the right job. I have a Kubota ZTR in addition to the Kubota tractor, I wouldn't be without either.

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #8  
Whew! I thought you actually got tired of mowing with your 'Bota! I could not imagine that. I love mowing with my B7800. There's nothing better than mowing on a cool evening during the summer (or any season for that matter). What you got tired of is changing implements! Completely different story.

/ Finally got sick and tired of mowing with the tractor. #9  
acohen100 said:
1*I need something I can just jump on and mow each time.
2*So I bought a new riding mower (Husq 2454 ~$1500) and need to sell the MMM.
3* What would be a fair price for the used 54" MMM with about 100 hours on it and the axle stands?

1*I need something I can just jump on and go.
2*So I bought a new Cub Cadet GT2554,wasn't what i really wanted so i replaced it with a new BX1500 with a 48'' MMM.
3*I don't know about the 54''for the BX24 but I have a used BX1500 48 deck I'm asking $800.oo for.
I paid $1551.50 for the new one on the new BX1500.