BX Wheelie Adventure

/ BX Wheelie Adventure #1  

1funride

Bought a small boom pole and couldn't wait to try it on my BX. What a great way to pick up the snowmobile and adjust the track etc. (I do have a FEL with a hook but thought this would be a cool addition) Got it home, slapped it onto the 3pt and proceeded to lift all kinds of stuff including my utility trailer.Tractor worked real good, the front never got light (I had my hydralic snow blade on the front).
Well with winter ending I took off the blade and quick hitch. I used the boom pole to pick up the blade and quick hitch combo (put it out on the farthest boom pole hook). Proceeded to drive the tractor into the garage and, WOW HOLD ON, the front tires are 10" off the ground. Caught me by surprise. Nothing bad could of happened since the blade would have hit the ground and stopped the wheelie. But it did surprise me.
Moral of the story. If your going to play with a boom pole add 300 pounds to the front of the little BX.
I plan on making some out of exercise equiptment weights.
After that I firmly believe that front weights are required while using a heavy brush hog.