New here and just got a B2320

/ New here and just got a B2320 #1  

grandpa_e

Thanks to information I found while lurking here, I am the proud owner of a new Kubota B2320 with FEL, BH, MMM and a 4' box blade. This is my first tractor and I have to say that so far I am impressed. I haven't had a chance to dig any holes, remove any stumps, move any dirt around or other fun stuff, but I have had a chance to mow. I couldn't get over how well the thing did and it really saved me allot of time. I recently purchased 11 acres with about 2.5 being mowed. I had a rear engine Snapper with a 30" deck. It was taking about 6 hours to mow and trim. I cut that down to about 2.5 hours with the tractor! Needless to say I was a happy camper. I'm sure I will have questions as I get to use the rest of the attachments, but I know where to ask the questions now!

/ New here and just got a B2320 #2  
Welcome to TBN, and congratulations on your new tractor! You made a good choice based on the amount of land you are dealing with, but of couse I'm biased since I just bought nearly the same thing. :) :) Did you get the 60" mmm? Any scalping problems?

/ New here and just got a B2320
Yes, I did get the 60" MMM and no, no real scalping problems. I do have a few high spots that got cut a little too low, but they did the same with the snapper as well. So at least I know it isn't the tractor or mower. I was pretty pleased with the cut. I am going to get some more seat time today so I will see how it does on round 2.

/ New here and just got a B2320 #4  
Welcome and congrats on the new tractor.

Make sure to post some pics!!

/ New here and just got a B2320 #5  
Well...... you found the right bunch of guys (forum) for any information you might need. BTW, the forum is well managed.

It appears that you picked out a great tractor and attachments to manage your property. Welcome and good luck!

BD

/ New here and just got a B2320 #6  
grandpa_e said:
I haven't had a chance to dig any holes, remove any stumps, move any dirt around or other fun stuff, but I have had a chance to mow.
I've spent 1075 hours doing all that stuff with my BX23.
Congrats on the new ride.

/ New here and just got a B2320
I mowed again this weekend in the worst possible conditions. We had a heavy rain Thursday and a few small showers on Saturday. I decided it had to be done so Sunday morning I got after it. The grass was wet, the ground was wet in a few places but I soldiered on. It still came out great although the weight of the tractor caused it to sink slightly in quite a few places so I had a few streaks and scalped a couple of spots. I raised the desk height another 1/2 inch and after that it was much better. I'm still very happy with the tractor. Now I just need to go dig up some stumps!