Cleaned my tractor

/ Cleaned my tractor #11  
how about just waiting till it gets really bad, then line-xing the heavy wear areas and touch up painting the rest with color that matches OEM?

i had great plans to wax my tractor before it got dirty the first time. heh, those plans didn't last too long. now, i don't think i could ever get all the caked on mud off it well enough that waxing wouldn't just swirl in little scratches from all the sand and dirt!

if i had the time and energy to wax anything, it would be the truck which has been due for awhile. maybe this fall when it cools off?

amp

/ Cleaned my tractor #12  
It won't help to clean off this event, but I trained my (extremely viscous) cat with a bad attitude (he eats squirrels for fun) to sleep on my L5740 by feeding him his "fancy feast" up on top the hood -- god knows why he likes cat food with all the animals he eats. No more bird droppings though, just a lot of corpses laying about.

smallfarmer said:
A lousy mullberry-eating bird krapped on the hood of my tractor while it was parked in the barn. I saw it a few hours later but some damage was already done. There is a faint outline on the hood from the splat. Washing it and a coat of Turtlewax cleaner/wax didn't get rid of all of it.
Until now, I hadn't really thought of it but I want to protect my BX from additional assaults and the road salt this winter when I clear the drive etc.
Most of the liquid cleaners and magic elixers on the market specify not for use on plastic, so I'd like to hear from everybody what they use or a recommendation.
I've only had my BX a few months and it does make sense to have something between the paint or plastic and the weather.

/ Cleaned my tractor
This was a "fly-by" shooting but the cat thing is helpful. Could I rent your cat for about two weeks? We frequently loose the adult barn cats to the road. We have had a number of kittens (nasty-mean barn types) but we seem to loose them to hawks and coyotes.