Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubot BX2350

Default Cleaned my tractor

A lousy mullberry-eating bird krapped on the hood of my tractor while it was parked in the barn. I saw it a few hours later but some damage was already done. There is a faint outline on the hood from the splat. Washing it and a coat of Turtlewax cleaner/wax didn't get rid of all of it.
    Until now, I hadn't really thought of it but I want to protect my BX from additional assaults and the road salt this winter when I clear the drive etc.
    Most of the liquid cleaners and magic elixers on the market specify not for use on plastic, so I'd like to hear from everybody what they use or a recommendation.
    I've only had my BX a few months and it does make sense to have something between the paint or plastic and the weather.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room!

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Default Re: Cleaned my tractor

WD-40

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

I've been told by a dealer that Armoral or Aerospace 303 (I think it's called) are good choices for the plastic parts.

Oh, and when I get bird crap on my cars/truck, I use a paper towel soaked in water and leave it over the spot for 10 minutes or so. It rehydrates the you know what and it will clean right off after that.
    Chris

2 acres and a mule, er, Kubota BX25, and too many other toys,er, tools to list.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Hmm, I've had a bird dropping on my hood for about a week now. I guess I'm screwed.
    Ray
    BX24

Elite Member
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    (B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm

Rayco, your wife will probably want you to take that jacket off soon.
    B2620,Loaded R-4's , Wallenstein BX42 chipper, Bush Hog SQ148 RC, 4' x 8' chain harrow, Blizzard 54" 3PT snowblower, Tirechains. com v-bar duo grip chains (hate them), Simplicity Legacy with 48"mmm, turbo collector, Country Line carry all, Countryline Middlebuster, Woods 48" BB, Kubota QA for loader, Kubota forks, Kuhn EL23 rototiller, and more to come...

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubot BX2350

The bird stuff washed off ok, it's what it did to the surface while it was on there. It seems like the mulberry "residue" is much more acidic than regular "residue" and it etched into the hood a bit so thats what I want to avoid in the future.
    BTW it sounds like Rayco might have encountered the mystical "Foo Bird".

From Orange County NY to Lincoln County ME
    Tractor
    JD LX288 and a B7800

Quote Originally Posted by smallfarmer
    The bird stuff washed off ok, it's what it did to the surface while it was on there. It seems like the mulberry "residue" is much more acidic than regular "residue" and it etched into the hood a bit so thats what I want to avoid in the future.
    BTW it sounds like Rayco might have encountered the mystical "Foo Bird".
    I suggest you get yourself one of those small steel sheds. Tell the shed contractor to move your machine into the shed after the frame has been erected. Then advise him to "omit" the shed door prior to finishing the structure.

This should solve your [tractor] issues I believe.
    Doug
    Kubota B7800, and some useful goodies for it.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660, Kubota RTV400ci

I also have a JD gator CX and it has plastic body parts. Just the way they come. Haven't had bird doo problem as described, but have had self inflected issue. Took a while to figure where the little white speckles that were hard to get off and when removed left pock marks or pitting in the plastic surface. This happened twice with major coverage to the hood and dash.

It turns out that it was over-spray from people applying the Backwoods Off that I was carrying in the Gator. You don't notice some things around the Campfire until its too late.
    Tim,

Kubota BX2660
    Kubota RTV400ci

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubot BX2350

OK, so does anybody know which plastic kubota uses for the hood, fenders, etc.?
    Is there any protective value in the "wash and wax" liquid car washes?

Not much protective value from the wash and wax stuff. It's more of a gimick to sell more stuff. It's better than nothing mind you, but use the rub on if you want protection. I'm about to wax my 5100 this week since the pecan sap is starting up pretty well this year. Even though the tractor sits under a shead, it's tough to stay away from the stuff when working in an orchard...

Yeah I get laughed at a lot, but a new looking machine sells quicker and trades higher than one that looks like it went through the ringer around here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast