Midwest aerator?

/ Midwest aerator? #1  

hamsey

I am looking at the Midwest 48" core aerator. I will be using it on my BX2350. Anybody have this aerator? Pros/Cons. Other recommendations. It weights 245# so using it on the 3pt should not be a problem. Thank you!

Norm

/ Midwest aerator? #2  
I have a Ferguson over seeder. It's a round spiked roller that has a box over the roller that drops seed, lime or fertilizer. The roller can be filled with water to add weight which will make it dig deeper holes for aerating, fertilizing or seeding/over seeding. My brother has the magazine yard and he loves it and uses it more than me. I've pulled it easily with my done gone BX1500 so I know my BX2350 will handle it easily. I heard about it and had Barlow Farm equipment get me one a few years ago. It's a very versatile attachment. It was mentioned in an old thread which I will post an answer to and see if it brings it to the front for more info and opinions.

/ Midwest aerator? #3  
I have the Kioti aerator which is mfg by Midwest. I have had it since March 03 and gave $735 for it. It works OK no problems. I put 7 solid concrete blocks on the top to add weight to get the cores to penetrate on our hard clay soil. I do not think u will have the same problem I have with a BX2200, the 3 point does not lift the aerator high enough to get the tines more then a 1-2 inches off the ground. I had to make some modification to the lift points and now that is not a problem.

/ Midwest aerator?
NY,

What did Kubota change? I would have to purchase the aerator in CA and have it shipped to CT. Not sure I am willing to take a chance without trying first. Not very many options. I did the the pro-aire aerators but I worry about it being too heavy.

Norm

/ Midwest aerator? #5  
hamsey said:
NY,

What did Kubota change?
Norm

They changed the width and height of the 3 pt. So I believe you will not have a problem.

Have you gotten quotes from a local Kioti dealer? They may even have one in stock, since it is the same unit only with Kioti name instead of Mid-West.

/ Midwest aerator? #6  
Buy the Pat's Quick Change Hitch. It extends you arms just enough that it will lift your tool a lot higher. I had a BX2200 and had the same problem with my Blade and Box. Got the quick hitch and that all changed. I also didn't cuss and sweat as much hooking them up.

/ Midwest aerator? #7  
Hoosier_Daddy said:
Buy the Pat's Quick Change Hitch. It extends you arms just enough that it will lift your tool a lot higher. I had a BX2200 and had the same problem with my Blade and Box. Got the quick hitch and that all changed. I also didn't cuss and sweat as much hooking them up.

Only problem with a quick hitch is all my other tools with PTO's will not fit as the PTO shaft would be too short.:mad:

/ Midwest aerator?
Thanks for the information. I will check and see if I have a Kioti dealer. Do you know anything about Pro-Aire aerators?

Norm

/ Midwest aerator? #9  
Just an FYI. The quick hitch extends the center 3 1/2 inches.

/ Midwest aerator? #10  
Another thread that might help you out:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/110595-core-aerator-3.html

teachdocs said:
I have been very happy with my Turf-Aire core aerator. I purchased the tow behind with hydraulic lift so you can maneuver corners and make tight turns without lifting the 3PTH.
There is a big difference between a quality core aerator and the cheaper, lightweight units. This unit will pull 3-4 inch cores consistently in the Spring and Fall turf.
When loaded with additional ballast weight, it will put a big load on the BX23 to get it started, but then runs effortlessly.
I ran hydraulic lines to the front loader valve and use the joystick to operate the hydraulic lift. Very simple and easy to use.
I have not had any problems or repairs with the unit. It is a bit expensive, but you get quality and an extremely well built unit that will last forever.
I intended to purchase the unit for my own property, but it turns out that people drive by and ask about it. I have done enough "side" jobs to pay for the unit already.

Turf-Aire Coring Aerators

Good luck

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89249&stc=1&d=1194972179