UDT, Super UDT, or SAE 80-90

/ UDT, Super UDT, or SAE 80-90 #1  

PA-Woodchuck

Tractor
2008 BX2350 FEL
New here, but like many my front axle oil is low as delivered. Dealer said to use UDT, but manual states super UDT or SAE 80-90 So what's the difference between them and which to use? Is the SAE 80-90 the same as UDT or Super UDT? Is the Super UDT just synthetic version of UDT?

regards

/ UDT, Super UDT, or SAE 80-90 #2  
My tranny has UDT because it (almost) never freezes here. Super UDT is for use in places with colder temperatures and costs more. I don't remember the details, but most knowledgeable Kubota users consider UDT/Super UDT to be much better for the tractor than other brands. I do remember that this issue was discussed to great lengths in the past. Do a search for "Super UDT" and another for "UDT" in this same forum with no time period constraints.

/ UDT, Super UDT, or SAE 80-90 #3  
Tom_H said:
My tranny has UDT because it (almost) never freezes here. Super UDT is for use in places with colder temperatures and costs more. I don't remember the details, but most knowledgeable Kubota users consider UDT/Super UDT to be much better for the tractor than other brands. I do remember that this issue was discussed to great lengths in the past. Do a search for "Super UDT" and another for "UDT" in this same forum with no time period constraints.
Super udt for me and my bx23

/ UDT, Super UDT, or SAE 80-90 #4  
PA-Woodchuck,

As for the differences I am not totally sure. I also Checked my front axel and it needed fluid. From the look of the fluid the axel has the Same Super UDT that is used in the transmission. I had both 80-90 and SUDT in the garage. Didn't want to mix on a new tractor so I added the SUDT.

/ UDT, Super UDT, or SAE 80-90 #5  
Well after a few hundred hours of hard use the SUDT would not stay in mine so I went to 80-90

/ UDT, Super UDT, or SAE 80-90 #6  
Jimbrown said:
Well after a few hundred hours of hard use the SUDT would not stay in mine so I went to 80-90

What does this mean, did the SUDT jump out on its own?

/ UDT, Super UDT, or SAE 80-90 #8  
PA-Woodchuck,
I have SUDT in my front axle and it has done fine the only complaint I have is it is hard to see on the dip stick! My dealer says it is not unusual for them to begin to drip a little SUDT after awhile and if it does just change over to the 80w-90 and that would take care of it. I have had no leaks in mine in about 110hrs and it does fine so as long as it does I am sticking with the SUDT. I do believe it is a synthetic. If it ever develops a small leak around the seals I might go to 80w-90 to see how that does, but for now I will stay with the SUDT. I would not mix them though.
Take care-TPS

/ UDT, Super UDT, or SAE 80-90 #9  
SUDT is not synthetic. It is a multiviscosity grade of UDT made for areas with milder summer temps and colder winter temps. UDT is a straight weight made for hotter summer temps and milder winter temps.

/ UDT, Super UDT, or SAE 80-90 #10  
Acually whether it is a synthetic or not I do not know, but this information about it seems to indicate that it acts more like a synthetic and a multi viscosity in performance. This is an interesting read aboout it anyway. Hope this information helps PA-Woodchuck. TPS

Kubota Super UDT Fluid

Kubota Super UDT has been developed as per the stringent specifications of Kubota-Japan.

Kubota Super UDT has been formulated using premium base-stocks and optimized chemistry to deliver increased performance and durability.

Key Features
Low Temperature Fluidity
Kubota evaluates fluid performance in a pump test stand at -30degC.

Improved flow for Super UDT compared to UDT and other commercial tractor hydraulic fluids.

Kubota Super UDT Key Features
Kubota Super UDT provides
Improved hydraulic transmission control

Smoother start of tractor's HST (hydrostatic transmission) at low temperatures

Improved flow through filters during cold temperature start-up.

Less wear on metal parts since Super UDT flows to critical contact areas during start-up.

Reducing Brake Squawk
Kubota evaluates a fluid's performance in SAE #2 machine and low velocity friction test.

Oil "C" is likely to cause squawk in either wet brakes or transmission clutches.

Kubota Super UDT is evaluated with transmission clutch and wet brake friction material.

Stable Friction Performance
Tractor fluids need to maintain friction properties during life of fluid, to insure proper operation of transmission clutches.

Other oil shows deteriorating friction which can lead to poor/harsh shifting, lessened torque transfer and possible wet clutch failure.

Super UDT is improved over previous UDT, offering longer friction stability. Testing is conducted in Kubota's own wet clutch test system.

Water Tolerance
Kubota Super UDT performance evaluated in the presence of water (0.2%-1.0%)

Super UDT maintains
-Stable friction for clutches
-Smooth gear shifting
-No brake squawk even when water (0.2%) is mixed into
oil
Super UDT will not clog filter even when mixed with 1.0% water. Some fluids form sediment or solids that will clog or block important filters.

Kubota Super UDT features and benefits
Features Benefits
Water Tolerance No Rust- Reduces wear and tear on equipment
Smooth gear shifts
No brake squawk
Longer equipment life

Improved Shear Ability Fluid has correct viscosity at high temperature. No metal to metal contact
Less shear of fluid means less power loss in hydraulic pumps
Proper viscosity means proper transmission shifting
Longer equipment life, less down time

Low temperature fluidity Faster cold weather starts
Less time needed for warm-up
Hydraulics ready to operate with less jerking
Less metal to metal contact
Longer equipment life; less down time

Unique friction characteristics Smooth gear shifts. Less operator shift shocks
No brake squawk. Less operator fatigue
Maintain brake capacity for safe stopping
Clutches and brake pads last longer