Backhoe b2620 & bh65 backhoe decision & current owners

/ b2620 & bh65 backhoe decision & current owners #1  

628pm

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota f2690, 2020 Kubota BX23S, JD Gator 2018 XUV835M HVAC
I'm at the final stages of deciding on a backhoe. Before spending the money, is the backhoe attachment worth it? For those of you that have b2620 and backhoe, was the money spent on it worth it? What can you do with this backhoe. My major concern is that it will look nice, but can it perform? I don't expect it to do the same as a full size backhoe, just wanting to know what it can actually do. Don't want the wife to say I told you so. Thanks for any comments.

/ b2620 & bh65 backhoe decision & current owners #2  
Buy the backhoe and don't look back ! It completely transforms your tractor into a different machine. You will be doing tasks you will only dream about otherwise. No.... it won't be a commercial rig, but yes you will be impressed with its ability.

/ b2620 & bh65 backhoe decision & current owners
What size bucket did you get?

/ b2620 & bh65 backhoe decision & current owners #4  
I have had my B2620 with BH65 for almost two months now. I used the tractor for a week before the BH65 came in and got installed. I can tell you without a doubt that even for FEL work the backhoe makes it night and day with the ballast it provides. I have dug trenches, dug on big a** hole just to see how it would do. I can tell you that even in good ole georgia red clay, this machine performs.

Once you get to feel for how to use the hoe without dragging the tractor all over the place its great (I think this is true for any size machine) I also have a thumb on my hoe and its main use lately has been dealing with brush piles left by my grader. I'm picking up 20-30 foot sections of tree and moving them around and cutting them up. It's wonderful not having to bend over to cut trees anymore.

With the tractor purchase the BH65 cost me an additional 5200....in my book it was a no brainer for what it does. I have a few pics of the unit in my gallery. Any questions I haven't answerd, please ask away.

/ b2620 & bh65 backhoe decision & current owners #5  
Thinking of getting this backhoe for my b2620 so I dug up this thread. Anyone else like this hoe and what have you been able to do with it? How is it at picking up rocks with the thumb? I realize you can't pick up huge boulders but can it pick up something like a 600 to 700 lb rock? Has it been reliable?

/ b2620 & bh65 backhoe decision & current owners #7  
I think the answear is a huge...(Only you will know if it is a value)...All things are relative to your value system based on a huge list of varibles. For me I wouldn't take on any debt to buy a backhoe. Bought mine at the time I bought tractor and know it hasn't come close to paying for itself, but have not regretted it one bit. I look at the projects I've completed and know I wouldn't have paid someone to do them and have great pride in the results. Over 300' of concrete block retaining walls that required foundations of rock and base stones, trees planted in an hour vs. many hours, edging put down around house, redid drainage tiles for freinds and myself, remote below frost line water for garden and shallow waterline for outdoor shower, and placement of large stone, (4-600lbs) below my seawall on inland lake to hold back beach. Point is the projects are fun and don't go on forever because I now have the equipment to handle from start to finish. Would I have saved money having someone else do them...No; would I have saved money by renting for when I need backhoe...Probally, but I have no pressure to complete in x-days because I don't want to incure another days rental. It is all about doing these things at a couple of hours each evening after work or with a spare hour here and there. It is a blast to operate and gives my tractor a new level of versability. Something to be said about being self dependent

2920 and BH65

/ b2620 & bh65 backhoe decision & current owners #8  
I think the answear is a huge...(Only you will know if it is a value)...All things are relative to your value system based on a huge list of varibles. For me I wouldn't take on any debt to buy a backhoe. Bought mine at the time I bought tractor and know it hasn't come close to paying for itself, but have not regretted it one bit. I look at the projects I've completed and know I wouldn't have paid someone to do them and have great pride in the results. Over 300' of concrete block retaining walls that required foundations of rock and base stones, trees planted in an hour vs. many hours, edging put down around house, redid drainage tiles for freinds and myself, remote below frost line water for garden and shallow waterline for outdoor shower, and placement of large stone, (4-600lbs) below my seawall on inland lake to hold back beach. Point is the projects are fun and don't go on forever because I now have the equipment to handle from start to finish. Would I have saved money having someone else do them...No; would I have saved money by renting for when I need backhoe...Probally, but I have no pressure to complete in x-days because I don't want to incure another days rental. It is all about doing these things at a couple of hours each evening after work or with a spare hour here and there. It is a blast to operate and gives my tractor a new level of versability. Something to be said about being self dependent

2920 and BH65
Anyone have an idea how much Kubota's BH65 (or Woods equivalent) would cost to buy?

/ b2620 & bh65 backhoe decision & current owners #9  
I have a 2620 (2012) with a bh 65 (16"bucket) and love it. All the power I need for snow removal, stump digging and burying and moving stuff the wife needs moved. The 2620 has a real tranny cooler, and lots of ground clearance.....

/ b2620 & bh65 backhoe decision & current owners #10  
I have a 2620 (2012) with a bh 65 (16"bucket) and love it. All the power I need for snow removal, stump digging and burying and moving stuff the wife needs moved. The 2620 has a real tranny cooler, and lots of ground clearance.....

How much was the backhoe?