Tractor
    Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S

Default Front end loader doesn't seem as strong as it should be, B7100HST/Woods DuAl 145

I have a '98 B7100HST with a Woods DuAl 145 FEL. It acts as if the relief valve is releasing at too low a pressure. I can lift a full bucket of stone or dirt, but the breakaway force is lacking. When I push into a pile, and then lift, it just wines, and I need to back up a little to get it to lift. My gear-drive B7100 with KB219 loader seems to have a good bit more breakaway force. That loader has its own hydro pump on the front PTO, where the Woods on my B7100HST is connected to the hydraulic block on the right side of the engine, which I assume uses the same pump as the three point, (and the HST?).

Since I just bought this tractor and have not maintenance records, I'm going to change all the fluids and filters (did the engine oil yesterday). I don't know if this will help. The fluid "looks" clean, but I obviously don't know what the filter is like. The three point works fine, as does the HST.

Thanks,
    jas67
    '05 B7610 w/ LA352 FEL
    Everything Attachments Pin-on Pallet Forks, home-made FEL quick attach to swap between these forks and the bucket, Dual rear remotes, CCM Top-N-Tilt, Woods SB60 snowblower, 66" United box blade, 60" back blade (cheapo, old and rusty), 60" KK rake, Woods PHD w/ 9" auger, Yanmar RS1303 3pt tiller, Kubota Ballast box (came with the tractor), Farm Force Carry All.
    '9? G1800S, 48" MMM. 70's Troy Bilt Horse tiller with new 6.5HP briggs engine.

The means justify the ends.

Tractor
    Kubota, B7100HST-D

Default Re: Front end loader doesn't seem as strong as it should be, B7100HST/Woods DuAl 145

You might want to get the I&T maintenance manual and a pressure gauge. The manual details how to check the pressures. For what it's worth your description could also fit my B7100's loader operation. I have not checked my pressures.
    Steve

The best things in life are not things.

Tractor

Default Re: Front end loader doesn't seem as strong as it should be, B7100HST/Woods DuAl 145

Tig,

Thanks, I need to get a pressure guage. I noticed in your garage-building pictures that you have pretty much the same tractor, although I have a Woods DuAl 145 loader instead of the kubota. I like your rear hydraulic setup for the snowblower chute. I need something like that. I assume you have T-n-T too?

Regards,
    Jay
    '05 B7610 w/ LA352 FEL
    Everything Attachments Pin-on Pallet Forks, home-made FEL quick attach to swap between these forks and the bucket, Dual rear remotes, CCM Top-N-Tilt, Woods SB60 snowblower, 66" United box blade, 60" back blade (cheapo, old and rusty), 60" KK rake, Woods PHD w/ 9" auger, Yanmar RS1303 3pt tiller, Kubota Ballast box (came with the tractor), Farm Force Carry All.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    You might want to get the I&T maintenance manual and a pressure gauge. The manual details how to check the pressures. For what it's worth your description could also fit my B7100's loader operation. I have not checked my pressures.
    What is an "I&T" maintenance manual?
    '05 B7610 w/ LA352 FEL

Tractor
    Kubota, B7100HST-D

Here is a link to an I&T manual for your tractor.
    They are available from various sources. I find it has all the info I need.
    Steve

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Here is a link to an I&T manual for your tractor.
    They are available from various sources. I find it has all the info I need.
    Thanks!
    Jay
    '05 B7610 w/ LA352 FEL

Tractor

I got my gauge. I'm getting 1500 PSI, which is the spec'd maximum for the Woods 145 loader. I guess I just need more tractor.

What is the maximum hydraulic system pressure for a B7100? Has the relief valve been turned down for this loader? I'm wondering if I'm geting maximum 3-pt lift force.
    '05 B7610 w/ LA352 FEL

Tractor
    Kubota, B7100HST-D

B7100 hydraulics specs are 1710 PSI and 3.1 GPM
    Steve

Tractor

So, at 1500 PSI, I'd be getting 350 lbs of lift force, instead of 400 (at the three point)?

I would assume that my relief valve is set at 1500 PSI, as that is the spec for the DuAl 145 loader. Would I be taking too much risk of damage by adjusting it up to 1710?

Tig -- thanks for the tip on the I&T manual from Clymer, I ordered one direct from Clymer for $22!

Jay
    '05 B7610 w/ LA352 FEL

Tractor
    Kubota, B7100HST-D

You got a good price on that manual.
    As for the hydraulics questions I'll have to defer to a pro because there are safety issues in going over spec on the loader pressure.
    Steve