Tires Cost to Foam fill Rear BX23 tires?

/ Cost to Foam fill Rear BX23 tires? #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Is there anything special to foaming Tractor Tires?

I got another flat this week and called around to check prices...

The only nearby quote was $300 for both rears.

The BX is in Oakland CA.

/ Cost to Foam fill Rear BX23 tires? #2  
I had my fronts on my BX1500 filled by NETB (New England Tire and Battery) about 4 years ago. They charged a minimum fee of $75/tire, but that included the shipping. NETB ships the tire to their supplier in ME. Took 10 days. NETB told me it would have only been an additional $150 to have the rears filled (note: rears much more volume than fronts, but I had to pay minimum charge), but they told me this AFTER I picked my fronts up. Either way, in my opinion, the best thing I did for my AG's. If my rears ever let go (currently filled sodium mix), I will pay to have them foam filled.

/ Cost to Foam fill Rear BX23 tires?
Sounds like a great deal from the quotes I've got...

I shopped around and Goodyear quoted $120 per tire (24 x 12.00 - 12) so I dropped them off today on my lunch break...

The guy just called me back and said he misquoted and the actual price is $220 per tire and it will take 7 days... not the 3 days promised...

He said he made a mistake on how many pounds are required...

Anyone know?

/ Cost to Foam fill Rear BX23 tires? #4  
ultrarunner said:
I shopped around and Goodyear quoted $120 per tire (24 x 12.00 - 12)
ultrarunner said:
the actual price is $220 per tire
just make sure you're not getting hosed. do you know these guys, they have a good reputation? those national places tend to be hit or miss with good, honest service.

grossgary said:
just make sure you're not getting hosed. do you know these guys, they have a good reputation? those national places tend to be hit or miss with good, honest service.

I think I am getting hosed...

I did call my Kubota Dealer and asked who he uses to foam... On his recommendation, I called US Tire and was quoted $232 per tire with a 9 cent per pound price increase effective August 4th...

If the foaming turn out to be too expensive... I will just leave them there. I can buy new tires on rims from my Kubota Dealer for less.

It's not how I operate, but then again, Goodyear is the one that miss quoted $100 per tire.

/ Cost to Foam fill Rear BX23 tires? #6  
Another consideration is the type of foam the supplier is using. Some foams are softer and some are much harder. The harder foams have very little give creating a very rough ride and can hurt traction due to no side wall flex.

You might also want to check with Bobcat dealers or any skid steer dealer. Very common to foam the tires on skid steers.

MarkV

/ Cost to Foam fill Rear BX23 tires? #7  
I had the fronts done on my BX23 last year @ $72.00 each. It’s kind of pricey but I work around a hedge row and an old burnt down house. nails :(
Didn't do the rears yet but I was quoted $230.00 each. ouch! 45 lbs for the front and 144 lbs for the rear each.

JimWalch said:
I had the fronts done on my BX23 last year @ $72.00 each. It痴 kind of pricey but I work around a hedge row and an old burnt down house. nails :(
Didn't do the rears yet but I was quoted $230.00 each. ouch! 45 lbs for the front and 144 lbs for the rear each.

One of my quotes is the same in price and weight.

Haven't heard back yet from Goodyear... I'm supposed to pick them up this afternoon and the price is yet to be determined... other than "We'll work something out."

I did ask for medium density fill.

If BX 24 R4 tires and rims will fit, I will pick up a set to have on hand...

Thanks everyone.

The Saga continues...

I went to Goodyear to pick-up my tires this afternoon and they decided to patch them and not fill them... never telling me anything other than they would work with me...

So, I still don't have filled tires, the repair was at no charge... so I'm almost back to where I started.

Final Chapter... I hope.

Both rear tires that Goodyear repaired yesterday were flat this morning... so another tractor day shot...

I called a Kubota dealer in Stockton CA (Farm Country) and he recommended Brannon Tire.

I spoke with Sandy at Brannon and he quoted $175 ea and said that they can do it while I wait as long as I keep the tires flat for 24 hours after filling with foam.

I jumped in the truck and dove the 70 miles to Brannon. I knew I had finally found the right place.

They do it all... Ag, Industrial, Over the Road and Specialty Equipment on site. They fill, re-groove, recap and service anything with a rubber wheel. I saw two sets of Kubota tires and a set of Bobcat tires foamed and ready for pickup.

Sandy told me to come back just before my bota tires are worn out and he will re-cap them...

So far two weekends of seat time shot... but things are looking up!