M59 Discussion Thread

/ M59 Discussion Thread #11  
My advice is to just play with the positioning of the backhoe. The second time I took it off was quicker, but I extended the boom out further and as I raised the rear end of the tractor up the pins were freed from the tension and slid, out. I kept the bucket curled in but not all the way. My dealer set the bucket down on the teeth which I did not like as well. When the buckett is curled in you can move the teeth down to place the bottom pins in place easier. The manuel say to bring boom in and curl buckett in and lower to the ground until rear wheels are off the ground. I did have to lower one of the arms to take a little pressur off one of the pins once. I'm sure anyones technique gets better with practice.

/ M59 Discussion Thread
Yeah I found that with my woods bh 80x. First time took an hour, by the end 10 minutes. I'm just scared of that first hour...

Do you do it on dirt, or on a concrete slab? I'll be doing it on dirt. Level - found out how key that was with the woods

/ M59 Discussion Thread
Toolbox - I got the optional toolbox. Mounts on the left side, between loader and hood. Ridiculously small, like every kubota toolbox I've seen, but still useful. Looking at the tractor there seem to be a number of places a toolbox could be usefully mounted, I'll probably get around to adding something.

I also got the precleaner, which I think was a good call - there is a lot of dust in there from the loader/ drive work.

Haven't tried taking the 3 pt stuff on and off obviously, but was scared of the weight of the equipment like the box - mine is 1400 pounds or so. So I got the delta hook system, which I've been using with my b3030. Been very pleased with it so far.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #14  
I don't have the Hydro Thumb. Run by me how it works again. Maybe should have.

Agree, it can get a little warm up there with 60HP but the tractor is a real beast.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #15  
Charlesaf3 said:
Toolbox - I got the optional toolbox. Mounts on the left side, between loader and hood. Ridiculously small, like every kubota toolbox I've seen, but still useful. Looking at the tractor there seem to be a number of places a toolbox could be usefully mounted, I'll probably get around to adding something.

I also got the precleaner, which I think was a good call - there is a lot of dust in there from the loader/ drive work.

Haven't tried taking the 3 pt stuff on and off obviously, but was scared of the weight of the equipment like the box - mine is 1400 pounds or so. So I got the delta hook system, which I've been using with my b3030. Been very pleased with it so far.

I just ordered the 3rd fuction for the loader and was thinking of calling back to order the draw bar and tool box. Is the tool box worth it? At least my 3830, came with it although small, but very useful. What exactly is the precleaner?

/ M59 Discussion Thread
drawbar - got it, probably won't need it ever, but it was cheap... toolbox is cheap too. I'd say worth it. At the least the bracket provides room for a bigger box down the road I think. Small but useful sums it up.

Precleaner goes before the air filter to clean big dust particles. Looks like a spinning filter over the hood.

I think the loader 3rd funtion valve is really useful, since one seems to be able to run skidsteer stuff on it.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #17  
I will say I wished I had bought a heavier box blade. I have the woods hb 84 which weighs around 750lbs and medium duty, with a load of dirt and gravel the tractor rocked, quite a bit and very unstable. Can be done but you have to be extremly careful. Keep in mind my rear tires is not loaded but you can bet, will be shortly. Still should have bought a much heavier box blade though. Still trying to decide wether foam or liquid. Does anyone care to share what the cost of these two is for an M59 and the weight difference.

/ M59 Discussion Thread
Foam weighs a bit more, and costs a lot more. Advantage is no flats, ever. Doesn't get put on much by people who are around a tire repair place unless they are doing construction or a lot of woods work.

Since mine is around construction and woods, but not a tire place, I got it. For most RIm guard will get the job done.

I did the front tires too.

Got the woods SR30 for a box. I've got no worries on heavy - man that thing is heavy. Guys at trucking terminal used two forklifts to lift it on (had to go the long way into my truck.

I used one M59 and it came off no problem:D

/ M59 Discussion Thread
oh, oh that front, the auto-leveling combo with forks is AWESOME

/ M59 Discussion Thread #20  
Got some pretty good seat time this evening and yesterday. Started by digging a ditch down a 150 ft drive. Tearing out some small trees and vines with the backhoe and thumb. Then took the backhoe and clean out a ditch behind a 70ft building and took the dirt and put around the building were water had run under it and washed a lot of the dirt out. should have been done long ago. My son said, Dad you can get a lot of work done with that thing. I told him not only are we getting a lot done,and saving quite a bit of money in the process, but it was kind of like a stress relief or therapy if you will. Well I was almost done for the night, feeling great about how everything was looking(almost feeling guilty for having so much fun)and I turned the backhoe 90 degrees to pull some dirt out. I got to close to the arm jack and curled the bucket upward and popped the protective sleeve completly off. I'm not sure whether I broke it at a weld or broke the bolt in two that was holding it on. So if your digging you might be aware of this.