M59 Discussion Thread

/ M59 Discussion Thread
Overall the TLB line from Kubota is fairly decent, but I can see some areas where the machine would benefit greatly if just a bit more robust.

I知 sure convinced themselves that the TLB line is commercial duty, but that痴 controlled condition test lab, vs real world abuse.

I would think that for $55K another manufacturer could offer an M59 sized TLB that could outperform the M59. The M59 has a few areas where there just is not enough meat in the thing. Adding just another 600-1,00lbs of metal in the right spots would make it a true industrial commercial machine. For what Kubota is asking, the machine could be a bit more robust.

Some parts of the frame, the loader and bucket are going to take a beating with a few thousand hours of use. The pin diameters and bearing areas of the pivot points are going to get hammered out to fast from heavy use. It would not take much to put in grease seals to hold the grease & minimize contaminants, A 12.5" wide tire in front would be nice for flotation. Guards and Sid plates are too thin.

When you drop that much coin for a machine, you hope that the thing is built for the long haul.

For landowner farm and small commercial work, a Full size TLB is too heavy in soft ground and Mud, so a machine in the 10,000 lb range definitely has a place.

Maybe... it's not as light duty as you think. I've used mine HARD for 1000 hours. And I've bent stuff, but considering what I've done with it, which is full sized backhoe stuff, no complaints.

I actually think the computer will give me issues first. In general, Kubota reliability continues to impress the pants off me. The stuff just works, I've still had no occasion to learn anything about the engine.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #282  
Hi all, I've joined the M59 club. Roger Love guided me through the process, I ended up with a used one with 260 hours. Came with the factory top&tilt (I need to get cylinders), front hydraulics, Bradco pallet fork.

A little use today was trimming the trees that were leaning on the phone line and the guy wire such that that I couldn't drive under them:

Jon trying out the bucket of the M59 as a trimming platform.<br>We were getting weight off the guy line - it was low enough the backhoe hit it.

I also used it to re-ditch a ditch today, loved the creep feature, that rocks. Also like that it has enough power to pull a 24" bucket while I'm pushing it to the side because I'm at an angle to the ditch. That backhoe is a beast.

I'm looking to add a grapple (leaning towards the WR Long 2 ram 72"), a scraper blade (I do road work), and maybe a skid steer mower (wondering if 16 GPM is really enough). Oh, and the thumb on backhoe, we're on steep hillsides and want to clear trees along the road so having a way to reach down and grab the tree is neat.

I've had it for 48 hours or so, liking it, love the skid steer quick attach, like the power, the size is a little scary but I'll get used to it.

I ended up using my B21 to clean up the dirt from the ditch, it is a little easier to use in tight spots. So I'll be keeping that one.

Anyhoo, one more home owner dude in the M59 club. Any advice you guys have is oh-so-welcome!

/ M59 Discussion Thread #283  
Welcome to the club, and nice photos.... you're going to love the M59!!! I'v had mine for 4 years now with about 1,900 hours on it.....in my business, it's my lifeblood.....and the only mistress my wife will let me ride:D

/ M59 Discussion Thread #284  
Congratulations. We look forward to some pics! Id love to hear if your able to make a skidsteer mower work with the M59.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #285  
Why would you prefer the skid steer brush hog? You have a 3pt and pto out back with WAY more speed/power.

ac

/ M59 Discussion Thread #286  
Why would you prefer the skid steer brush hog? You have a 3pt and pto out back with WAY more speed/power.

ac
Maybe he saw some of my pictures! :D

So much easier out front when mowing around trees.
P3310011.JPG P3310013.JPG P3310016.JPG P3310019.JPG

Even out in the open, no sore neck! The view from the seat.
P4010028.JPG P4010029.JPG P4010042.JPG P4010043.JPG

More info and pictures here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/toolcat/275578-5610-cutting-brush.html

Last edited:
   / M59 Discussion Thread #287  
I dunno man, I've seen some scary stuff come FLYING out from under my brush hog...especially to the rear. I think I'd prefer to be in front of the "action".

The tractor also seems much more "durable" from the back. Up front I would be scared of all the body work and radiator/coolers taking damage from brush hogging.

ac

/ M59 Discussion Thread #288  
I dunno man, I've seen some scary stuff come FLYING out from under my brush hog...especially to the rear. I think I'd prefer to be in front of the "action".

The tractor also seems much more "durable" from the back. Up front I would be scared of all the body work and radiator/coolers taking damage from brush hogging.

ac
The stuff thrown out the back is low enough to not be a problem.

I have to be careful not to raise it with the front tilted down. I have used it with the front angled up and came down slowly on thick heavy brush.

Here is a thread on one on a tractor FEL: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/280432-thinking-about-trying.html

/ M59 Discussion Thread #289  
The stuff thrown out the back is low enough to not be a problem.

I have to be careful not to raise it with the front tilted down. I have used it with the front angled up and came down slowly on thick heavy brush.

Here is a thread on one on a tractor FEL: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/280432-thinking-about-trying.html

As with anything, proper and experienced operation makes it safer.

Cost alone would be enough to scare me to the 3 point. I paid <$1k for my 6' cutter brand new.

ac

/ M59 Discussion Thread #290  
Maybe he saw some of my pictures! :D

So much easier out front when mowing around trees.

Nice pics. I like the mower out front and I like the ability to reach over a bank (or up one) and wack that doggone scotch broom. Ideally I'd plant a money tree, harvest the money, and buy a boom mower but I have no green thumb :(

I'm borrowing a friends standard flow (15-25 GPM) mower this weekend to see if flies on the Kubota. Might need to replace the hydraulic couplings though - are those skid steer compat? They are not standard 1/2" ag couplers.