Loaded Front Tires/Stability

/ Loaded Front Tires/Stability #1  

Charlton John

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Hi, Can anyone shed some feedback on the mentioned topic. I owen a b2620 w/ r4's. The rears are loaded w/ rim guard and I was wondering if loading the front tires will help me much with some stability on some small hills I want to box blade and eventually grass. Also how much weight will this give me per tire. The dealer did advise I can load the fronts but I have no other info on how much this would help or how much weight I would gain. Thanks

/ Loaded Front Tires/Stability #2  
I've got a B3030 and the owner's manual doesn't recommend loading front tires and neither did my Ag dealer. I'd check your owners manual before loading front tires.

/ Loaded Front Tires/Stability #3  
I've got loaded fronts with my b3030 and m59 - so far quite happy with it. Done by my dealer - messicks.

/ Loaded Front Tires/Stability
Thanks I have others say why not just put a little materiel in the bucket and save the money??

/ Loaded Front Tires/Stability #5  
........... Also how much weight will this give me per tire. The dealer did advise I can load the fronts but I have no other info on how much this would help or how much weight I would gain. Thanks
There's a chart here that shows the weight gain by tire size. Click on "Info" then "Tractor Tire Liquid Ballasting" The thing about front tires is they are on a free-pivoting axle so they don't really help stability until the axle is at the stop. You could make a case that increased weight = increased tractive force and somewhat better control. I think filling front tires is not common unless they are bigger (say 24" diameter rims with 12" or wider rubber)

/ Loaded Front Tires/Stability #6  
I think filling front tires is not common unless they are bigger (say 24" diameter rims with 12" or wider rubber)

I couldn't possibly give a certain size, and I know your quote is just for example, but there certainly is some truth in the very limited gain achieved by loading smaller front tires. If it only adds another 30 or 40 pounds, you may as well just get them balled up with mud. You'd have the same additional amount of weight. No insult intended, but with the rather small front tires on the tractor mentioned, I think it would really be a waste of time and money to bother loading them. IMHO, leaning to one side would give you just about as much additional stability as would loading those small front tires.