Replace mid-PTO seal on B7610

/ Replace mid-PTO seal on B7610 #1  

Joe 7610

My Kubota B7610 is leaking oil at the mid-PTO, and I want to replace the seal. Does anyone know where I can get directions? I have the service manual, but it doesn't cover this.

/ Replace mid-PTO seal on B7610 #2  
My Kubota B7610 is leaking oil at the mid-PTO, and I want to replace the seal. Does anyone know where I can get directions? I have the service manual, but it doesn't cover this.

pry the old eal out with something (usually it ends up being the best screw driver you have because the old one's you dont care about just dont seem to fit as well, but thats life)you will damage it, dont worry, you have a new one.
its about now you realize you should have drained all the trans oil into a clean tub as opposed to on the floor like it now is. clean around the outer of the seal bore, put some sealant onto the outer of the seal and tap the new seal in gently with a hammer, making sure it goes in square and you dont dint it.

/ Replace mid-PTO seal on B7610 #3  

pry the old seal out with something (usually it ends up being the best screw driver you have because the old one's you don't care about just don't seem to fit as well, but thats life)you will damage it, don't worry, you have a new one.
its about now you realize you should have drained all the trans oil into a clean tub as opposed to on the floor like it now is. clean around the outer of the seal bore, put some sealant onto the outer of the seal and tap the new seal in gently with a hammer, making sure it goes in square and you don't dint it.

/ Replace mid-PTO seal on B7610
thanks, OT. I appreciate the instructions.