Oil & Fuel Bleeding a fuel line on a 3030

/ Bleeding a fuel line on a 3030 #1  

CWB

Tractor
B3030, BX25
I've almost completed a 50hr service for my B3030. It was easy and I appreciate all of the guidance on earlier threads (removing the front tires to avoid draining front end fluids on them, etc.) I say "almost" because I haven't changed the fuel filter yet. The manual says the fuel line needs to be bled after changing the filter, but the only instruction it gives for bleeding is to fill the fuel bowl, then fill the fuel tank completely, then run the engine for 30 secs. This doesn't seem reasonable. Any advice?

/ Bleeding a fuel line on a 3030 #3  
MY maintainence sched dont say a thing about changing the fuel filter at the 50 hr mark?? In fact it says to change it at the 300 hr mark??

/ Bleeding a fuel line on a 3030 #4  
Opening the fuel valve thus refilling the bowl will usually work. If you do get air in the line, there is a bleed valve on the same side of the engine as the fuel filter.

/ Bleeding a fuel line on a 3030 #5  
Was thumbing through the manual; and it did state the fill tank and run was all needed, but also read the section about changing the filter and it was stated that with a full tank, some fuel leakage may occur due to the fact an additional line running to the top of the filter housing has fuel in it when tank is full. Looks like the return line goes back to the tank, but is not submerged unless tank is full, so change filter on less than full tank, fill tank up completely and it will self bleed/purge.

note: I was about half asleep when reading the manual, basically just thumbing through, so I will re-read it again later, and see how correct I am for sure. There was more info in the filter change section than the bleed procedure section. I guess as Toolguy says: "trust the book", but without question.