Backhoe Help identifying Kubota Backhoe (for B7100)

/ Help identifying Kubota Backhoe (for B7100) #1  

stig

Hi folks,

Hope you guys can help me. I recently bought a backhoe which I'm trying to identify.

The guy modified it to fit his ST30, but apparently it originally came from a B7100. I have a B7100D so I'm intending to revert it to fit as standard.

Thing is, I first need to identify what model backhoe it is! The previous owner (I haven't collected it yet) can't seem to find a data plate/serial number.

I believe - it's a 4-lever B629 - but independent confirmation would be great!

So if any of you could help either identify it or let me know where I mught find the data plate - that would be great.

Thanks!

backhoe01.jpg

backhoe02.jpg

Last edited:
   / Help identifying Kubota Backhoe (for B7100) #2  

The ser # plate for my B670 is in back below the inboard pivot for the right hand stabilizer.

/ Help identifying Kubota Backhoe (for B7100) #3  
Stig,

It is a K629 as you thought.

The ID plate should be down on the main frame by the pivot for the swing tower on the right hand side.

/ Help identifying Kubota Backhoe (for B7100)
Thanks guys - much obliged!

/ Help identifying Kubota Backhoe (for B7100) #5  
awesome, how or where did you find out about it? do you know how much he's asking, in case i ever see one for sale, just curious. i have no clue what something like that would sell for.

/ Help identifying Kubota Backhoe (for B7100) #6  
Yes, its a B629, I have one just like it, only mine has 6 levers. I wish I could convert mine to 4 levers but I can't get the parts through my Kubota dealer.

I considered selling mine when I needed a new engine, I called a local (Maine) guy who buys and sells used tractors to see what he would give me for it. He offered me $400 bucks.:rolleyes: What a joke, I told him I'd keep it and use it to dig worms with before I'd sell it for that.

I once saw one sell on ebay for a tad over $1700.00

I have used the heck out of mine and I'm SO glad I didn't sell it.

I did have the manual on my computer, I'll see if I can send it to you if you'd like. I printed it off the net but have no idea where I found it.

amitysanimal

Last edited:
   / Help identifying Kubota Backhoe (for B7100) #7  
Does it come with the PTO pump? I don't see it in the pics.

/ Help identifying Kubota Backhoe (for B7100)
Hi guys,

I picked up the backhoe at the weekend. It needs a bit of TLC, bit worn on the pins and could do with a lick of paint - but seems mechanically sound and the pistons are pretty good with no obvious leaks anywhere.

The PTO pump was included (not in photo) - I'll post a pic up when I get a chance.

I've decided to completely overhaul it - so if anyone's interested, I'll post up pics of the refurb job as I go along :)

They're pretty rare these days, especially to find one that's not attached to a tractor already. The trouble is - I now need to find a matching FEL!!! :D

I found it on eBay - pure coincidence as I only recently bought my B7100D (also from eBay).

I paid 」780 for it (I'm in the UK) - so about $1500

Thanks for the offer of the manual amity - I found a copy on the web which is VERY useful!

Thanks again for your help guys

/ Help identifying Kubota Backhoe (for B7100) #9  
Odd, that hoe looks identical to my Brantly LD6 & so does most of the manual.
http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Backhoes/&file=629_and 619B backhoe.pdf

Must have been built by Amerequip, SMC (Schwartz Manufacturing Company), or the Alamo Group after Amerequip acquired Branly in the early 80's.

The message I received from Amerequip;

When Amerequip purchased Arps in the early 1980s, the Brantly product line moved to SMC (Schwartz Manufacturing Company). They were then eventually bought out by the Alamo Group. You will need to contact them in search of Brantly Backhoe service parts.

Alamo Group (SMC) Inc.
300 E. 60th Street N.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104-0423
(605) 336-3628
Alamo - SMC