Snow Snow Blower Width?

/ Snow Blower Width? #1  

Scotty

Last year my tire chains would rub on my L3710 4wd HST when blowing snow, so I took the tires off and went with the wider setting. Now I notice that the width of the tires is 72", while my Lorenz snow blower is only 66". I'm looking at getting another Lorenz, the 630 which has a cutting width of 78" but noticed in the L3710 manual that "maximum working width" for snow blowers is 66", though both the weight and horse power requirements are within the limits. Anybody see any problems with going with the wider snow blower?
Thanks,
Scott - Tetonia, ID

/ Snow Blower Width? #2  
What you have chosen to do is fine you have more than enough horsepower with a hydro to run a bigger blower. One of the things not thought out well enough when purchasing a snow blower for the rear of a tractor that when backing up your front tires when going around curves will run up onto the snow packing it down or making it look messy if you are on the final pass.

/ Snow Blower Width? #3  
Scotty- Can't say much about snow blowers, we just don't use many of them down here in Georgia./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I will say, after following the forum for several years, Kubota seems to rate tractor implement sizes on the conservative side. The 3710 is one strong tractor and I can't see it not working the larger blower.

/ Snow Blower Width? #4  
Scotty,
I'm not sure if your snowblower a front or a rear mount,but a Kubota front mount snowblower for your tractor would be L2052-1,and the rear mount BL2660.
I maybe you could get more spec from your dealer and notice the different between Kubota vs Lorenz.
Some company make there product a tad different so you have to purchase there products./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Take care and stay/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ Snow Blower Width? #5  
I have heard that Lorenz makes a fairly good snowblower; something about knobs on the auger that breaks up hard-packed snow and even ice. I haven't been able to find an address for them and the dealers around here don't 'know nothing'. Would you happen to have any kind of address for Lorenz??
Thanks

/ Snow Blower Width? #6  
I'm wondering what, other than power, could be an issue for maximum blower width. The only thing I can think of is steering. There are times I wish I had more steering (turf tires & 3ph blower), and my blower width is slightly less than the rear tire tracks. A wider blower would produce less steering (especially a front blower). However, in my case, the steering problem isn't much, and tire chains would more than solve the problem.

/ Snow Blower Width?
Lorenz makes a great snow blower. I have had the Model 530 (66" width) and I'm trying to sell it now. The 630 is 78" which is what I need now that I have widened the rear tires. Lorenz can be reached at 320-843-3210, they are out of Benson, MN
Scott MacButch - Idaho

/ Snow Blower Width? #8  
Thank you for the contact number. I will call for some literature. Thanks again.