Possibly Going From Green to Orange

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #1  

johnnydel29

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2305
That's right, A current JD owner, that honestly, is not overly impressed with Deere's quality.

I had some issuse w/ my 2305 with under 200 hours. Random items would break under normal use, loader work, mowing etc. The steel used on this machine is cheap, made in China, and some of the items were replaced w/ "remanufactured parts" which are suppose to be better. Now, hydro fluid is leaking from the main transmission (very slow leak), and it really bothers me, especially when my dealer tells me that I may have worked the machine too hard. The machine is nice, however, I am just real concerned about it becoming a money pit over the next few years because some of the cheap parts used on this machine.

I know that Kubota is the pioneer in producing the Best compact tractors and all of their parts are made in Japan, which is fine with me, since the Japanese do such an awesome job with product development. I am thinking of getting a 2350 w/ loader and mower. I checked one out the other day, the design and and function of these machines is incredible. And everyone I spoke to that own one have said nothing but great things.

I hope I do not offend any JD owners if they are reading this, I am just not having good luck w/ my Deere.

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #2  
I've converted a few people from Deere to Kubota. They work ON theirs and I work WITH mine, and they notice it. I think once you use one for a while, you will be impressed. Best of luck whatever you decide.
Pat

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #3  
I have a BX24 with 90 hours on it now and love it. I have put it to the test numerous times and it has exceeded my expectations each time. If you have the extra money to spend, I would suggest a BX24/BX25 (w/mmm) if you ever think you might need a BH. I have used my BH more times in 3 months than I ever thought I would. Also, the BX24/BX25 has a foldable ROPS if you park your baby in a low clearance area or have low hanging limbs that you mow around.

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #4  
I looked at the 2305 when I bought my BX2230 and I liked the "approachable" nature intrinsic to the Kubota tractor. It's like they knew that folks buying these machines would have never before been on a tractor. Well thought out and easy to use from hour #1.

Funny thing is that I have not spent a single moment working on my machine. Over 200 hours and nothing has broken. Nothing is leaking. Not to say I haven't abused the machine...I've had some embarrasing moments of stupidity that SHOULD have broken the thing in half.

I have taken it to my dealer once a year for a thorough service...completely change all fluids and filters...and all has been going famously.

I'm sure the JD is great. But I'm also sure that you can't go wrong with a Kubota.

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #5  
I recently upgraded (size) from Blue to Orange, and couldnt be happier. Whatever Kubota you decide on I think you will be happy, Good Luck

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #6  
I'll just repeat what folks have told me...

"you might be able to buy a tractor as good as Kubota, but you won't be able to buy a better one"..

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #7  
While I love my BX2350 and had no problems with it, I would suggest you take a look at the newer BX2660.
The only thing I don't like about the 2350 is the neck snapping when you let off the reverse and the 2660 is suppose to have taken care of this issue.

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #8  
One thing to keep in mind is that people have the tendency to glorify what they own for one reason or another. If someone goes and spends $20,000 on a tractor, he's likely to state it's the greatest thing ever, even if he's not really thinking that. It could be to convince himself or it could be to keep from looking like a sucker.

But, that being said, this is not really applicable when it comes to Kubota tractors. My BX is the greatest thing ever!! :D

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #9  
That's right, A current JD owner, that honestly, is not overly impressed with Deere's quality..

Sorry about your bad experience with green. I had annoying problems with both of my Kubotas, but nothing that ever kept them from getting the job done, and nothing that would keep me from looking at orange sometime down the road. No problems or annoyances yet with my JD 3320 (fingers crossed).

KB

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #10  
What Ray said makes a lot of sense. And it depends on how your dealer helps or makes a problem worse.

I suppose Kubota, Mihindra, and Kioti are like the Yamaha, Suzuki, and Nissan's of the outboard motor world. The old standbys Evinrude, Mercury, and Johnson had to get with the program or go under. Same with GM, Chrysler, and Ford vs Toyota, etc. Yeah I know...not American made, but most tractors are mostly foreign anyway.