Rim Guard for my Ag tires-where to buy

/ Rim Guard for my Ag tires-where to buy #1  

shrekbelly

Silver Member
guys,
have called rim guard, they haven't yet called back. am looking for a dealer to load my BX1850 tires.
i live in chester county, pa (south eastern pennsylvania) 1 1/2 hours to messick's area, and 35 minutes to delaware.
will visit a deere dealer, if i have to, and promise to keep my daughters in check, not allowing them to growl at or kick the tires of a 2305 or it's twisted brotheren.
winter is coming. shrekbelly

/ Rim Guard for my Ag tires-where to buy
folks
found out from rim guard, my nearest dealer is about 1 hour away, west- past morgantown, pa in narvon. my kubota to do list grows. yeeeehaaaaa! shrekbelly

/ Rim Guard for my Ag tires-where to buy #3  
My dealer is even farther away. Anybody know if and where Rim Guard can be purchased online or other mail order? I am not having any luck.

/ Rim Guard for my Ag tires-where to buy #4  
I have talked to the rim gaurd folks in the past about shipping rim gaurd directly to me. They said that it would be too expensive. They send the product out on tanker truck to fill their dealer's bulk tanks. I was stuck driving an hour to a tire dealer thay handles rim gaurd. It is really worth it though. I have my garden tractor tires filled and what a difference. The first time I had the dealer fill the tires, and the second time I took five gallon pails and brought the fluid home and filled the tires myself. I will probably get the tires filed on my new B2320 when I get it.

/ Rim Guard for my Ag tires-where to buy #5  
Have you checked with a tire dealer who does Ag tires? Here most use regular antifreeze and water. It will not rust the rims either. kt

/ Rim Guard for my Ag tires-where to buy #6  
That's what I have used in the past, but would much prefer a less toxic more environmentally friendly product. Plus, the Rim Guard has a higher density (weighs more).

/ Rim Guard for my Ag tires-where to buy #7  
I was stuck driving an hour to a tire dealer thay handles rim gaurd. It is really worth it though.

My closest dealer is 3.5-4 hours away in the mountains of NC. Little further than I want to go, unless I can conjure up another excuse.

/ Rim Guard for my Ag tires-where to buy #8  
Why not use the Propylene Glycol type antifreeze. It is safe for the environment ie, makes good soft drink additives so at least in small amounts it is suitable for human consumption . Weight for a rear tire difference between that and Rim Guard for a 9.5-16 rear tire is 27 pounds which is not a lot considering the difference in price. Of couse you wont need 100% solution, a 50/50 mix will only require about 6 gallons for that size tire.

DO NOT confuse this with Ethylene Glycol antifreeze which is highly toxic to animals if ingested

/ Rim Guard for my Ag tires-where to buy #9  
I thought about this very idea today, only aFTER I left the parts store. I did not know the material, but did know that some vehicles (my wife's Jetta) came with environmentally friendly coolant. Will likely look into this option or just windshield washer fluid. Thanks for the idea.