B-Series Air Filters

/ B-Series Air Filters #1  

don716

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ B7500/with 2000 lb winch
I own a B7500 HST and was wondering if there was a aftermarket air filter for it? I know it has a primary and secondary filter. I only need the primary.It's like 30 plus dollars at the kubota dealership. Any suggestions?

Donny

/ B-Series Air Filters #2  
30 plus dollars every 100hrs is not that bad or if ya want you can wash it up to four times and that's 30 plus every 400hrs.

Just a cost comparison a wix filter for my Jeep is 25.00 and I change it out every 25k.

/ B-Series Air Filters #3  
I used to get several hundred hours out of the A F on my b7500, blow it out with your compressor, wash/dry and reuse.

/ B-Series Air Filters #4  
I used to get several hundred hours out of the A F on my b7500, blow it out with your compressor, wash/dry and reuse.

:eek:Blowing out your air filter with an air compressor is a sure way to wear out your piston rings in a hurry. When you blow it out you are creating tiny little holes in filter that lets dust into the engine.:eek:

/ B-Series Air Filters #5  
Actually its totally safe as long as you don't hold the nozzle close to the filter media,.. and make sure you blow from the inside out.

I don't recommend washing and drying a paper media filter because it breaks down the bond between the paper molecules causing deterioration and lessens filtering ability.

/ B-Series Air Filters #6  
cleaning with an airgun at low PSI is okay. If you end up seeing dirt on the safty filter, then replace both.

The OEM filter is a fleetguard, but its usually more expensive to buy it from them direct.

/ B-Series Air Filters #7  
Donny,

I checked the website for CarQuest filters. They listed the below information.

Model/Engine Oil Air Trans. Hyd.

B7500 w / Kubota D1105 Engine 85064 88449 85361 84089
(Outer)

You might check a store if you have one locally.

Terry

/ B-Series Air Filters #8  
For what its worth, I agree that compressed air may damage the paper element. I use my shop vac and vacuum it out. I think it works ok and I don't think it damages the paper element. When will K&N come out with a foam filter replacement???

/ B-Series Air Filters #9  
For what its worth, I agree that compressed air may damage the paper element. I use my shop vac and vacuum it out. I think it works ok and I don't think it damages the paper element. When will K&N come out with a foam filter replacement???

I have a K&N in storage right now,.. I use them when I put turbo kits in rtv's. I'll see what the part number is on the box, its brand new and for sale,.. just have to decide what its worth.