Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota/ B7500/with 2000 lb winch

Default B-Series Air Filters

I own a B7500 HST and was wondering if there was a aftermarket air filter for it? I know it has a primary and secondary filter. I only need the primary.It's like 30 plus dollars at the kubota dealership. Any suggestions?

Donny
    Kubota B7500 with 302FEL,with a 2000lb winch, 4'Kodiak Brush Cutter,60" Kubota MMM,Woods 52" Rotary Tiller

Tractor
    Kubota L2800, 15 hp 372 Mitsubishi

Default Re: B-Series Air Filters

30 plus dollars every 100hrs is not that bad or if ya want you can wash it up to four times and that's 30 plus every 400hrs.

Just a cost comparison a wix filter for my Jeep is 25.00 and I change it out every 25k.
    Kubota L2800HST, Mitsubishi 372, bh75, 45" Agric tiller, 5' home made disk, 42" Bush hog, PHD, 66" Cammond BB.

Tractor
    kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!

I used to get several hundred hours out of the A F on my b7500, blow it out with your compressor, wash/dry and reuse.
    We have done so much, for so long,with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!

Tractor
    Kubota B7200

Quote Originally Posted by lawn_king View Post
    I used to get several hundred hours out of the A F on my b7500, blow it out with your compressor, wash/dry and reuse.
    Blowing out your air filter with an air compressor is a sure way to wear out your piston rings in a hurry. When you blow it out you are creating tiny little holes in filter that lets dust into the engine.
    Sean
    ------------------------------
    B7200-DT, 48" MMM, Rhino 5' Rear Blade, Woods RM48

Banned

Actually its totally safe as long as you don't hold the nozzle close to the filter media,.. and make sure you blow from the inside out.

I don't recommend washing and drying a paper media filter because it breaks down the bond between the paper molecules causing deterioration and lessens filtering ability.

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

cleaning with an airgun at low PSI is okay. If you end up seeing dirt on the safty filter, then replace both.

The OEM filter is a fleetguard, but its usually more expensive to buy it from them direct.

Donny,

I checked the website for CarQuest filters. They listed the below information.

Model/Engine Oil Air Trans. Hyd.

B7500 w / kubota D1105 Engine 85064 88449 85361 84089
    (Outer)

You might check a store if you have one locally.

Terry

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

For what its worth, I agree that compressed air may damage the paper element. I use my shop vac and vacuum it out. I think it works ok and I don't think it damages the paper element. When will K&N come out with a foam filter replacement???
    2003 B7800

FEL, 5' Farm King rear Blade, 60" front snowblower
    Box blade, 60" Rotary Mower,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    For what its worth, I agree that compressed air may damage the paper element. I use my shop vac and vacuum it out. I think it works ok and I don't think it damages the paper element. When will K&N come out with a foam filter replacement???

I have a K&N in storage right now,.. I use them when I put turbo kits in rtv's. I'll see what the part number is on the box, its brand new and for sale,.. just have to decide what its worth.